Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I had read on here somewhere that with the Uni filter you could separate the two layer's of foam for cleaning and oiling purposes? Well I got my 2 Uni's in the mail yesterday and noticed that is not the case? Mine came looking just like the stock filter only red? I did notice the cage had bigger openings. So it should flow better, but I was hoping to be able to take the foam apart to help in servicing the filter. Did I order the wrong ones or do they not come like that? I'm confused... Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I never really heard what you are talking about with the UNI's, all I have encountered are one complete thing of foam. Someone could of meant seperating it from the cage so that you can oil the inside of the of the filter. It is not just about the cage having bigger openings to flow more, the foam in itself is better than stock.

·
Registered
734 Posts
The Uni foam filters for the raptor can be separated. Yellow is the finer foam beneath and read is the coarse one on top, you can separate, clean and oil both of them apart.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
You're supposed to oil them? No wonder my motor is wheezing now. j/k

roadkill

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so on the Rappy's you can separate the foams! I wish you could do that on the XX's Uni filter. It would make it easier to get the two layers cleaned and oiled.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Mine you could pull the inner filter out but not all the way its glued at the base but not all the way up. It does help a little with cleaning and oiling.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I did the uni Filter on my 700xx. The red foam separates from the cage on the inside... thats about it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts