Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be running 12:1 on my XX and need to get some race fuel. My questions are what fuel would you recommend (I'm thinking VP but they have way to many options and I don't know much about race fuel) and do you know of any place I can order fuel online or where I can find it around Orange County CA?

·
Registered
755 Posts
I think VP U4.4 and VP C12 are the popular ones to run. The U4.4 is oxygenated while the C12 is not.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I am going to be running 12:1 on my XX and need to get some race fuel. My questions are what fuel would you recommend (I'm thinking VP but they have way to many options and I don't know much about race fuel) and do you know of any place I can order fuel online or where I can find it around Orange County CA?

Try the link below for race fuels "at the pump"

http://www.davebarton.com/Unleaded_Racing_Fuel_in_SoCal#SoCal

roadkill

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just talked to VP and they recommended U4.4 and gave me the number of a few places around me that have 55 gallon drums for sale.

Thanks for the link roadkill, this will help a lot.

·
Registered
574 Posts
If your in need while at Glamis the Loves (exit 8 I believe) in Yuma has 100 and 110 octane.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I just talked to VP and they recommended U4.4 and gave me the number of a few places around me that have 55 gallon drums for sale.

Thanks for the link roadkill, this will help a lot.
Both the VP U4.4 and C12 are leaded fuels... OK for sanctioned racing, but NOT for public trails. If you just plan to race only, you'd be OK. But for a dual use fuel... racing AND trails... you might still be OK as I've never seen anyone check a quad to see if their fuel was leaded or not. Just don't pump from the drum that has "leaded" on it.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn’t think about that roadkill, thanks for the heads up. I better make sure I remove any stickers on the drum and keep it tucked away in my toy hauler.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Your best bet is to buy 100octane at a local pump its just easy.You don't want to mess with 4.4 for a daily rider oxy fuel is great for guys that race only but not practical for everyday use.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I used C12 in the race machines and now in the XX due to the big bore. A lil advice, change your oil more b/c it is leaded. Also, you can try Sunoco, I know alot of them around home for me have 104 to 108 Octanes that work pretty well. If that all fails, I hit the airport.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We don’t have any Sunoco’s in SoCal but going to the local airport is a great idea.

Lol. Good call on not using the torch.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts

you dont need that high octane by some sunoco 110 or equivelent cheap stuff and cut it 70/30 probably even 80/20 you be fine if you need to get it shipped in get something really high octane like q16 from vp and cut it 80/20 you will just be wasting a bunch of $$ running it straight. some of the $$ vp fuels are low octane the octane # isnt what necessarily makes the power.

·
Registered
61 Posts
you dont need that high octane by some sunoco 110 or equivelent cheap stuff and cut it 70/30 probably even 80/20 you be fine if you need to get it shipped in get something really high octane like q16 from vp and cut it 80/20 you will just be wasting a bunch of $$ running it straight. some of the $$ vp fuels are low octane the octane # isnt what necessarily makes the power.

+1

The VP or Sunoco 110 is good, I have run it in my 86 250R for years and have run it in the 700xx from time to time. Normally about 6.00-7.00 a gallon pumped into your can.

I some times get it on the way out to Glamis at.

Clarks Travel Center
82253 Indio Blvd (Historic Route 99)
Indio, CA 92201
(760) 342-4776

off at cook st. of the 10 fwy.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Both the VP U4.4 and C12 are leaded fuels... OK for sanctioned racing, but NOT for public trails. If you just plan to race only, you'd be OK. But for a dual use fuel... racing AND trails... you might still be OK as I've never seen anyone check a quad to see if their fuel was leaded or not. Just don't pump from the drum that has "leaded" on it.

roadkill

I must add a correction here. I was corrected by a friend last night with lots of racing and fuel experience.

Leaded fuels are legal. It's just that they are not exactly environmentally friendly. Given the state of things with the eco-freaks here in Cal, I'd recommend using either high octane (100+) pump gas or unleaded race fuel.

roadkill

1 - 16 of 16 Posts