Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a stupid question is it ok to run high than premium fuel in a stock xx if so what kind love that smell from the exhaust smells like grape soda thanks ill be ordering from vp someone point me in the right direction:thanks:

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
ok i have a stupid question is it ok to run high than premium fuel in a stock xx if so what kind love that smell from the exhaust smells like grape soda thanks ill be ordering from vp someone point me in the right direction:thanks:
Higher octane race fuels don't actually make more power themselves. Higher octane fuels are more "stable" under high compression. If you have a high compression piston, you'd NEED a higher octane fuel. If you were to run a lower octane fuel in a high comp motor, the fuel could pre-detonate under compression.

I too love the smell of race fuels... I might just buy some of the fuel additives in the post above... just for shits and giggles.

You can get any kind of race fuel from VP (industry standard).... OR... You might be able to get high octane aviation fuel from a local airport.

roadkill

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got on vp fuels they have a new fuel out called the vpr and it says for stock or slightly modded atvs it 101 octane what do u guys think

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I think that you would be wasting your money on anything more than 93 or 94. You'd be better off getting an additive. You wont really see a difference IMO, besides an extra couple of bucks a gallon. All depends on what you want. I don't think it'd hurt the engine or anything, just that the engine wont be using the gas to its' full potential.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
i got on vp fuels they have a new fuel out called the vpr and it says for stock or slightly modded atvs it 101 octane what do u guys think
If you check the price of VPs VPR fuel, you'll find that it's $68.30 for 5 gallons... or $13.66 per gallon.

roadkill

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok thanks guys i think im gonna go with the additive that dl700 suggested thanks for all your opinions

1 - 8 of 8 Posts