Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys headed out tomorrow to look at an 03 raptor 660. Does anyone know some things to watch out for with these things? I have heard that they are famous for starter problems as well as transmission problems. Appreciate the input.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Hey guys headed out tomorrow to look at an 03 raptor 660. Does anyone know some things to watch out for with these things? I have heard that they are famous for starter problems as well as transmission problems. Appreciate the input.
ive always heard the older one like your going to look at had a lot of problems , i dont think there to reliable , i would look for newer with fuel injection the one your lookin at has 2 carbs , top heavy too.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
try moddedraptor.com

On a side note I think Im going to be getting a 08 Raptor 700 tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
my buddy had one that was bored to 686. You could not keep the front wheels down! It wheelied like crazy man! He had alot of problems with it, but im not sure if it was because of the bike or the fact that the guy doesn't take very good care of his stuff. Plus he rides it like he stole it.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I bought a 660 on craigslist about a year ago. It was only $250 but it was a rolling chassie and a tub of engine parts. I'm about $800 into it now and it runs but I'm still trying to work out the bugs. If you are getting it cheap go for it but only if you like to turn a wrench... Haha. The 01's had weak transmissions and all of them eventually run into starter problems, but parts are CHEAP!!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Had a mechanic tell me if the idle was to low it would mess up something, can't remember what. Clutch maybe, idk. Rode a lot of them, they run good.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
The '01 model had the trans problems, and the starter oneway problems were all years...but it's easily fixable.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We shall see I guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts