Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yesterday was an ok day at Wiggins. It rained a little so it cooled the area down. One of my buddies brought out his Raptor 700 GYTR and we raced on the drag strip there. Out of about 12 races with the GYTR i beat him by about 3 to 4 lengths every time. The only time i lost is when i was setting in a rut and stood the bike straight up. It was stock so it is what it is, but it still felt good to put the raptor in its place.

On a side note my buddy with the built raptor 700se got so mad he dicided to come out there and hand me my a$$. I hung with him a couple of times mainly due to him not being able to keep the front end down. Boy that bike is fast. so off to the drawing board for me. I will get him one day i promise. i just have to make up about 4 lengths at least to have a fighting chance.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Thats easy...sabotage....make it a point to check plugs...and drop a small 8mm hex nut in his cylinder....then ask for a rematch......i've found that this gives you well over 4 lengths!!!

kidding.....kinda

There are those that play fair and then there are winners

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
What can i say man you win some you lose some! I personally love the rappy 700's! I also love my xx! If the 700xx wasn't so badass on the trails i would own a rappy 700R. Sounds like you had fun though.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I like the raptors to but I LOVE my honda!!!!! As for the SE he will get his sooner or later.probaly next spring he will see the red unleashed on his a$$

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yeah I like the raptors to but I LOVE my honda!!!!! As for the SE he will get his sooner or later.probaly next spring he will see the red unleashed on his a$$
Unless he gets bitten by the mod bug.....then he will hand you yours.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well rappy the se already has all the same mods you do so there isnt a hole lot more he is going to do. i think the only thing he doesnt have that you do is the swinger. so now i will break the ole seal on the engine and throw in a big bore p&p cam and start to catch up. he will get his!!!!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Well rappy the se already has all the same mods you do so there isnt a hole lot more he is going to do. i think the only thing he doesnt have that you do is the swinger. so now i will break the ole seal on the engine and throw in a big bore p&p cam and start to catch up. he will get his!!!!
Or wait a year when the Raptor is a basket case.............

·
Registered
505 Posts
There is still a LOT more I could do to mine, but good luck.

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Or better yet just race the rappy through the trails if he complains let him lead eventually if you found the RIGHT trail he will hook his swing arm skid plate and stop in about 1/10 of a second. stop make sure he is ok and wave and then continue on. or Just be in the lead problem is you wont know till your done that he isnt behind you. the trails is where NO raptor has a chance. I owned a raptor and I know it for a fact the trails around here too many rocks and small tree stumps for any straight axle to go fast.
this is just a idea till you DUMP an equal amount of money in your quad as he did his, but remember most likely he will always have more money in it.

I loved my raptor at the sand dunes just hated it on trails

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i agree he has already high centered on a couple of trails so now my buddy is in to drag racing go figure
lmao

·
Registered
330 Posts
alot of quads are very limited on what they can do. It always really surprised me about the raptor when it came out it was advertised for trails and the dunes I went to several dealers and they all where telling me how great it was on trails. I was going from a utility quad so it didn't even occur to me that it didn't have any ground clearance and would get stuck alot on anything but a smooth trail.

Now dont anyone think im dogging on raptors or anything they are good they sell alot of them and yes I guess you can mod them to get more horsepower easier. but I dont really care.

·
Registered
505 Posts
The raptor does have very little ground clearence compared to the XX, but I think the raptor performs very well on the trails, and I have yet to get high centered on any trail I have been on....you may have to take it different then you would have on an XX but, I have never had an issue with it.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
well I like to charge things even the xx doesnt have clearance for...but with my butt off the seat it jumps up everything... I am sure the raptor is the same no? not being funny here wondering if the IRS is a big help with the clearance to get over boulders and such. (I never rode a SRA)

and droby its he who uses his toys that truly wins... so if he is only doing drag now sounds like your the winner :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
330 Posts
There are Lots of trails the raptor wont go on simple fact and if any straight axel sport quad did owner would be buy new parts like my buddy did on his raptor. I have found a trail my 700xx wont go on also, but i couldnt even get my 4x4 scrambler todo it either.

·
Registered
505 Posts
There are Lots of trails the raptor wont go on simple fact.
But if the trail was that ladden with 5"+ rocks and such, I would not want to ride down it anyway....even if I was on an XX, because to me its not a trail. but if you are into that....go for it.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Raptor's are good on trails. You just gotta set them up for it. :) Don't wanna be lowering it and putting mx tires on it or you'll be getting stuck around were i live. All the guys i ride with have sra quads and they do just fine. They do high center from time to time but it's not a big deal.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts