If you don't have video, Yes

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
make sure u know how to shift

·
Registered
505 Posts
Could go either way...too many variables.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I will see about getting a few race videos this summer of the xx vs a stock '06 700r. My buddy just bought one so hopefully with the help of Scott (xx700xx) we can get a few videos made.

·
Registered
25 Posts
xx vs. raptor

i have a xx and my cousin has a 700 raptor! both are 08's! we both are good size guys! im 250 lbs he is about 340lbs! that makes us damn near equal on the weight issue between mine and his! stock wise ur xx should smoke raptor on top end, mine did! and the other guys are right, depends on ur driving, who will win! shifting,traction,etc.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I would say to start in second. This way there is little lift on take off. All the raptor needs is for you to back off a little on take off. It will be all over and no catching up. Def. get the vid.

·
Registered
49 Posts
hey i am new to the site but i can tell you i have raced a 2007 raptor700r, and a 2009 kfx450, they dirint have a chance. I will try to post videos of the action

·
Registered
302 Posts
yep, i wanna see it too. i'm not sayin that you didn't beat em, i would just like to see the video. too bad no one around here (that i know) has anything big enough to give me a challenge.... :( my brother has a 400ex but there's no competition there, its just like i see him the first second or two then i'm gone. lol i got a friend with a 450r and his neighbor has a banshee, but neither of them wanna race me. :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
700 vs xx

i own a stock 700xx & i also own a 2006 banshee that has toomeys pipes & k&n filter mod and i also have a friend that has a stock raptor 700 . We have raced these bikes against each other numerous times and in a drag race my 700xx has been faster . I love my banshee and i really like the raptor 700 too and i have owned & ridden numerous highly modded bikes before like ( Modded Suuzuki LT 5OO's, modded honda 250R's & modded banshee's too )before this and stock for stock the honda 700xx is faster than people give it credit . When i ride my banshee it actually feels faster and you would think that was the case because the honda 700xx feels slower but that hasnt been the case when we actually race . I have also raced other banshee's and other raptors as well with the same results . However , If i were a drag racer then i would go with the banshee because they have soo much horsepower potential over stock but thats not what i am looking for . I have raced modded banshee's and raptors and lost but I like the 700xx for its descent power in stock form , comfort & trail capability. I have my 700xx for certain situations and the banshee for others . My friends raptor 700 is a lot of fun too but i like the IRS on the 700xx and the ergonomics of my bike for the riding i do. To me , you can't lose either way because they are both nice .

·
Registered
505 Posts
To me arguing over which bike is faster in stock form or 3mod form is pointless as there are too many factors involved, in my experience the rapter is faster in a drag race (300-500 Ft) in both stock and 3mod form, but I do a lot of drag racing and the ridder can make all the difference in the world, but I have found the XX to be better in top end runs..but again who cares the XX and raptor are fine machines both built for different people.

Peace

·
Registered
302 Posts
i agree with rappy. both are really great bikes. its all according to your preference basically.....

·
Registered
788 Posts
But that is like saying what is the point of racing a Mustang and a Camaro. Their both from different manufacturers but hell, people still race them. I think it has something to do with the Testosterone levels of the owners.:hey:

·
Registered
35 Posts
raptor vs 700xx

Thats why i bought my 700xx because i didnt care if i had the fastest bike or not but it does well for stock and i do race people with it and if i win then thats great and if i lose i could care less . I bought the bike for its comfort and descent stock power. I am a fan of the Raptor as well and if you don't need the IRS then you can't go wrong either choice .

·
Registered
505 Posts
What I really need is to find a money tree...then I could have both for whatever I felt like on that particular day.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think the recent drought killed the money trees off, or termites did.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts