Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i cant believe how heavy it is!! he didd do a good job thoe. i still think the xx is cooler:xx:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
another thing i was thinking is a stock raptor and a stock xx are a damn good race. now the raptor is 100 pounds heavier i bet it preety slow!!:nuts: but im not gona lie i think the irs on the raptor look awsome

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
I signed for that forum last night, so I could see the pictures, and they never sent me my activation link. bastards.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
here it is

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Wow, that IS well done. Good for him, I hope he likes it.

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
looks weird how the top of the suspension is further back than the botttom.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think it is that way because he grafted the rear frame and suspension out of an Outlaw IRS. The canted rear suspension was a design element on the Outlaw, IIRC.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
If I remember the post correctly, he said he didn't buy the 700xx because of our front end push. Which is kinda funny because the Outlaw has the same kind of push. Now, he just grafted the push to his Raptor. I also think he'll soon find out the Outlaw CV boots are crap.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I think it is that way because he grafted the rear frame and suspension out of an Outlaw IRS. The canted rear suspension was a design element on the Outlaw, IIRC.

That's right. They use a similar setup on their big 4x4 quads. On those, they call it the "Rolled IRS". The thinking is that when you hit something with the back tire, the tire pulls up and away from the object (toward the back). Softens the impact of the strike.

I think they really figured out that Can-Am's trailing arm setup is the best IRS on a big quad, so they had to find something that acted similarly but was different.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I moved from a raptor to a honda for the irs...
His looks good, but we used to have an outlaw ride with us..
every ride out it use to eat bearings/bushes, concluding the engineering of polaris,s irs had serious issues...
honda overcame them all with its irs having much longer drive shafts, less of a angle and vastly superior design..

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Now a Raptor engine in the XX frame would be something sweet!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
That's right. They use a similar setup on their big 4x4 quads. On those, they call it the "Rolled IRS". The thinking is that when you hit something with the back tire, the tire pulls up and away from the object (toward the back). Softens the impact of the strike.

I think they really figured out that Can-Am's trailing arm setup is the best IRS on a big quad, so they had to find something that acted similarly but was different.
Can Am basically used a split swingarm for the rear. Honda / Polaris went for a-arm setup.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts