Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I took a look at them when I was checking out their sway bar upgrade for our quad on the site. Almost had a heart attack when I looked at the price.

$4,400.00 = IRS
$ 460.00 = sway bar
$1,000.00 = good shocks (estimated)(probably more)
-----------
$5,860.00 total

At that kind of cost, I know one thing about the weight... It'd be 185 pounds less because you'd never see me spending that kind of money to put IRS on a Raptor.

roadkill

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yeah saw it on a mag about 4 years ago, crazy price! have not seen one single raptor out there riding with it though.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Yamaha should get on board and make one out of the factory.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Nah, the raptor wont go IRS, it´s just not what it is meant for. Besides if I wanted an IRS sport quad, I would take the xx instead of a raptor and aftermarket IRS...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Saw that kit a few years ago. For the price, you could buy a 700XX. :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
Or a bad A$$ suspension for my XX

But i do need to say that the Sonic sway bar was a great mod. Made it turn like a SRA at slow speeds, but grip like a Rally car at high speeds. Bumps you say...nope still a soft ride.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
ive seen one 2 years ago thats what made me like irs. still the xx has beater handling

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yamaha should get on board and make one out of the factory.

Never gona happen. IMO you would be screwing up a perfectly good sport quad.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I agree the Raptor is fine just the way it is, why spend the money for an IRS on it when for the same amount you could get an XX or more go fast goodies on the Raptor. nearly 5k is alot of goodies like a turbo system for it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
well, can you blame them? they just want to have somethin as awesome as ours. na, i'm just kiddin. i like the raptors, but i wouldnt trade my 700 for one at all.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts