Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was riding some Tight trails that have rocks At perry lake in kansas and was told by a raptor owner that he could not do what i was doing his quad wasnt made for this. I asked him what was it made for if not to ride trails. He answer? To ride around and have fun and When i told him the raptor was sold as a trail bike it was to narrow for the track and to narrow for the dunes according to reviews he then shrugged his shoulders. He was a nice guy so i asked if he wanted to race he declined... By the way this was the blue raptor 660.

This wasnt a race just a run in with a raptor 660 he refused to race and i enjoyed his comparison of the two quads and knew all the TREX-700 owners would get a good laugh

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
His main problem is he had no clearance with the straight rear axle and the trails are rough he said he has been stuck out there alot and high centered alot. I told him his was narrower than mine and in that respect he had the edge

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I am going to give the the TREX-700 the most hated by other quad owners award lol i found a thread on exriders that is still going on its over two years old about which is better a rappy or TREX-700 lol

So im wondering will anyone with a raptor come race me on trails? Cause for two years they have been claiming the rappy is the best trail quad and that 80hp rappies are better than a xx well open invite come change my mind come beat me. And no i dont drag race and even when i owned a rappy i didnt drag race... So come race me on trails.... I think thats what atv's are for.. But be warned there are not any well groomed trails here. And the one rappy i have seen refused to race

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
I am going to give the the TREX-700 the most hated by other quad owners award lol i found a thread on exriders that is still going on its over two years old about which is better a rappy or TREX-700 lol

So im wondering will anyone with a raptor come race me on trails? Cause for two years they have been claiming the rappy is the best trail quad and that 80hp rappies are better than a xx well open invite come change my mind come beat me. And no i dont drag race and even when i owned a rappy i didnt drag race... So come race me on trails.... I think thats what atv's are for.. But be warned there are not any well groomed trails here. And the one rappy i have seen refused to race
Im with you on this brother!!!!

·
Registered
734 Posts
You do meet some pansy ass raptor owners, LOL. Wish I lived in the US, I would take you up on the offer. The problem with most raptor owners in the US is that they focus on power more than in suspension and tires. I for one think that the first mods done to raptors should be to respring and revalve all 3 shocks, chassis and swinger skid plates and 23in front tires and 22in rears. This combo is awesome and can be done relatively cheap. Glad you like your xx bro.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
i really should be working...

·
Registered
734 Posts
"It's good to be the king" Ala Mel Brooks

·
Registered
755 Posts
What a great picture:haha:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL a T Rex eating a raptor LOL

AWESOME
Btw im going out in 2 weeks on a sunday in search of raptors and anything else i can find i will have helmet cam with me hope i find something to chew up and spit out but if something does beat me besides a dirt bike i will satisfied lol well kind of

·
Registered
245 Posts

I guarantee I would womp you on my YFZ on the trails I don't care how bad they are. Where do you live I am in Tennessee and we have some rough stuff a lot of wicked hills and terrible to ride on to be honest but I can def say my yfz might not be as comfortable but it will run circles around my 700

·
Registered
115 Posts
X4 on the pic - very awesome!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Don't know what it is but I just don' like the pic!!! LOL

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts

·