Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok! Thought that I had bought the Razor 2 rear tires but was told by a friend of mine that they were actually Razor tires which she was right, I guess. Supposedly the Razor 2 tires have the "2" part of the logo so I check on some web sites but they only show the front/rear side of it and by lookng at them, can not tell the difference (thread or plys) difference between them. Does anyone actually know the difference between the original Razors and Razors 2 tires.

·
Registered
551 Posts
The razr originals are red and yellow letters, and the 2's are all yellow letters with the "2" in the name "RAZR 2" they are very easy to tell the difference and the tread pattern is very distinct between the two of them. And the RAZR 2's have a directional arrow one the side becausae they are radials! The originals dont have the directional arrow cause they are not radials. The lugs are taller on RAZR 2's along with the side lugs being angled.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Ur correct they dont yet, but hope they start!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Me too, I've always run Razr2's on the sports I've had. I loved them on my CRAPtor . Hopefully they will start making them. Sending them (Maxxis) emails and calling might speed up the process

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Ok! Thought that I had bought the Razor 2 rear tires but was told by a friend of mine that they were actually Razor tires which she was right,
How'd you let that happen!?:lmao:

So are the RAZR2 Tires better? (i'm getting click happy at RMATV!!!!)

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How'd you let that happen!?:lmao:

So are the RAZR2 Tires better? (i'm getting click happy at RMATV!!!!)
The 2 are radials and have a better traction in turns. Don't get me wrong my razors are good too but noticed they wear out pretty quick and this weekend got a flat right at the joint of a knobby, no nails or any debris, guess that I hit a rock hard enough that the knobby split from the main body but was able to plug it. They'll be worn out by the end of this year for sure so I'm starting to look for other tires but they don't make that tires for our OEM rims so the selection is not the greatest.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
The 2 are radials and have a better traction in turns. Don't get me wrong my razors are good too but noticed they wear out pretty quick and this weekend got a flat right at the joint of a knobby, no nails or any debris, guess that I hit a rock hard enough that the knobby split from the main body but was able to plug it. They'll be worn out by the end of this year for sure so I'm starting to look for other tires but they don't make that tires for our OEM rims so the selection is not the greatest.
I ordered razr2 for the front and razr's for the rear today!!! Woooohoooo!

·
Registered
551 Posts
They are awesome!!!!!! I haven't had anything but luck with mine and it's rocky as heck up here in Tennessee. U wont be sorry!

·
Registered
92 Posts
i believe razr2's are 6ply and not radials, irazr's are radials.

·
Registered
551 Posts
RAZR 2's have a direction arrow 6PR I thought they were radils because of the arrow thought radials were sensitive to direction, irazr is radial it says on the side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts