Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alls i can say is "HELL YEAH" I absolutely loooooove these tires!! I run the 20x11x10 rears and i don't know why people whine about rotational mass!!!:eek:hno: I don't know where otheres ride but as you can see from my videos i hit some serious rocks trees mud etc. and these tires just tear that shiat up!! They are wide and flat and so much fun to powerslide with. When you nail it they grip and rooster tail as my friends have the rock marks toprove lol. They go over jagged edges with ease and the 20 height with the 13 tooth sprocket is perfect. I chug in 3rd and have a much broader power band to go up rocky terrain. I run the 23 razr 1 in front and they work perfect with them. So for anyone worried about the weight don't be, They are awesome!!!!!:thanks:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any idea what your top speed is with a smaller front sprocket and smaller tires??
Ill have my buddy use his radar on me , top speed really isnt that important to me where i ride as much as low end torque is. I just found that even with the 13 tooth and 22's it was definitely noticeable, but still wasnt all that meaty in the powerband as the 20's were, now when you hit the throttle in second the revs are where they should be and give you that seat of the pants feel you want! And now when people are chugging in second i can bang third and wind it out and really zip over the rocks!!!:atv:

·
Registered
121 Posts
thank god a good review about the razr2 rears...i ordered the same ones the other day and was starting to regret it after reading some posts...

·
Registered
157 Posts
i was regreting ordering the kenda kutter xc but after reading some of the posts im hoping they are worth it. razrs were my other choice for sure. sucks I have to wait so long for the kutters. my friend has the razrs 2 on his 450 and man do those baby grip! razrs vs kutters? someone gimme some advice. since kutters haven't shipped i can choose either.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Kutters will last longer than RAZR's and RAZR-2's.

RAZR-2's last longer than normal RAZR's but you will have to purchase new wheels and they aren't great at high speed as they tend to snap off knobs because they are a harder compound rubber.

·
Registered
671 Posts
and they aren't great at high speed as they tend to snap off knobs because they are a harder compound rubber.
I haven't found that to be true at all. Been running razr2's on my 450R desert racer for the last couple of years, spends most of its life at high speeds. Never lost one knob off any of them and I bet I have went through at least 5 pairs of rears.

I do like the razr2's. I liked the razr's a bit better since they were lighter and I could feel the difference. After the last couple fo races though, it think I am going back to the razr2's, the extra traction I think is worth the weight penalty. Actually, I think I will try the GBC x-rex on my 450R's. Pretty much the same tire, but quite a bit cheaper.

I may try a set of kutters though on my 700XX, since it is the only other option for 11" wheels.

Doug

·
Registered
445 Posts
I haven't found that to be true at all. Been running razr2's on my 450R desert racer for the last couple of years, spends most of its life at high speeds. Never lost one knob off any of them and I bet I have went through at least 5 pairs of rears.

I may try a set of kutters though on my 700XX, since it is the only other option for 11" wheels.

Doug
It's funny getting compleatly different results for the same product, but just goes to show how a different rider can change everything. Makes you wonder about all those other reports you read...........is it just the rider?

I have always used Kenda or ITP (mostly Kenda) but one of my racing buddies uses MAXXIS (sponsor). He uses the RAZR as the RAZR-2's ripped heaps of knobs off in the desert. I saw this and would not use them but your comments have me re-assesing my opinion.

Linc

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the 20's in the rear and 21's up front. I hope they ride as good as they look! im going out this weekend. I have the big three and a 14 tooth sprocket, I also have a 13 to try out. I am a pretty aggressive rider. I will let you guys know on sunday what i think about them.

IMG00086-20100818-1949.jpg

·
Registered
671 Posts
It's funny getting compleatly different results for the same product, but just goes to show how a different rider can change everything. Makes you wonder about all those other reports you read...........is it just the rider?

I have always used Kenda or ITP (mostly Kenda) but one of my racing buddies uses MAXXIS (sponsor). He uses the RAZR as the RAZR-2's ripped heaps of knobs off in the desert. I saw this and would not use them but your comments have me re-assesing my opinion.

Linc
Terrain could be a factor also. I know in Baja, lots of guys would rip knobs off tires in the highway sections, to much heat in the tire. There are so many types of terrain in the desert, who knows what could actually be the cause. I know most of the peole I race with run Maxxis also, and I have never really heard of any of them having issues ripping knobs off.

I do agree, rider has a lot to do with it. To me, there is no such thing as a "unbiased report". All of us have different styles and may prefer something that someone else hates. We all have our own comfort zone.

I have two people that team up with me at desert races. Try setting up a quad that three different people have to ride, it is enough to drive you to drink, alot! I bet it took me two years to finally get a setup we could all be comfortable with, even then is was still a compromise.

Doug

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mate the Kutters will waste the Razar. I just came off Razars with 17 flats between two tyres and most in the side walls. My 700 destroyed the Razars in approxemently 6 rides, I have been out for 7 rides on the Kutter no flats better traction and excellent wear. The kutters are only about half worn and still hooking up better than the Razar.
RIP Maxxis Razar
Overlord

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank god a good review about the razr2 rears...i ordered the same ones the other day and was starting to regret it after reading some posts...
Trust me, im extremely anal when it comes to products. I research and research then buy. I normally don't give opinions since they are like ,..... well you know everyone has one, BUT this is an unbiased opinion and i have been top speed, no breaking off, deep mud , pulled through like a freight train, rocky shiat , no problem , smooth straights, awesome and hold on!! I have run holeshots which in my own review and no one elses sucked!! I have alays stood by razrs 1 and loved them, but after running the 2? well ill never switch.So in short i loved them , reccomend them , and definitely stand behind them 100%!!!Look there are many brands out there and many different reviews and People should buy what they like or want and try for themselves, as what works awesome for me, might not for others!!!:thanks:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I ended going with the kutters xc's. I took Overloards word for them. I wil see how they work for me and go from there. Did i ever mention how much stock dunlops suck?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yea but the date for the kutters keeps getting pushed back.. when u get yours???

·
Registered
157 Posts
I went threw rockymountain and their expected to be in oct 1st. My stocks should last 'til then. I really wanted them for when i go to Mexico in december for about a month. It's mainly dirt and rocks down there and I knew the stocks wouldn't last very long down there. If the date keeps getting pushed I will order razr's for shure!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Man be carfull getting Razars they dont last long in the rocks and roots in a previouse post I talk about the 17 plugs between two tyres. These tyres see rocks and just start deflating I had so many flats it destroyed my rear rims. Be patient my boy the Kutter is worth it.

Overlord

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Man be carfull getting Razars they dont last long in the rocks and roots in a previouse post I talk about the 17 plugs between two tyres. These tyres see rocks and just start deflating I had so many flats it destroyed my rear rims. Be patient my boy the Kutter is worth it.

Overlord
I dont doubt what you are saying, but the amount of rocks with jagged edges ive gone over havent even scratched the surface of my razr 2, plus my other 2 friends have them and 1 hit a sharp ass stump in 3rd hidden in grass and didnt even deflate 1 bit but tossed his ass, lol and another went sideways into some rocks and didn't even dent them. And as for wearing out , i can understand the tires on my cobra on the pavement, but in the dirt and mud?:confused: But like i said this is just MY review and ill stand by it, and as ialso said everyone has their opinion, the bottom line is that we all ride and have a good time on whatever we each like!! Its all good with no worries, look forward to a review on them cutters mate:rock:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Man are you runing 10 or 11 cause the Razars I had were 11 and had this crazy sidwall buldge and that was the problem. The Razar 2 I think is a different tyre correct.

Overlord

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Man are you runing 10 or 11 cause the Razars I had were 11 and had this crazy sidwall buldge and that was the problem. The Razar 2 I think is a different tyre correct.

Overlord
Im running the 2 like the title says. lol they are a whole different animal than the 1, Youd need a dewalt to get through the sidewall of these puppies! :xx:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts