Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any thoughts? The Razrs are nice cause they come in a 11" rim size but the 2s looks awesome. How different are they performance wise?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Maxxis Razr

The Maxxis Razr provides superior puncture resistance with a championship-proven tread design. The wide profile provides increased grip during acceleration and braking. An excellent GNCC choice, available in both 4 and 6 ply ratings.
Details:
The Razr is competition-proven and performs best when pushed to the limit in all terrain types. Razr's solid knob design improves traction and reduces tread squirm. The Maxxis RAZR Rear Tire features the same puncture resistant design as the front tire, but with a wider profile for instant traction and increased grip during acceleration and braking.
Features:
  • Laboratory tested and GNCC proven!
  • Front tires designed for precise steering and lateral traction
  • Rear tires provide maximum traction and acceleration
  • Specially Formulated tire compound delivers superior traction while extending tread life
  • Razr logo Hot patch on both sidewalls
  • Available in both 4 Ply and 6 Ply Ratings
  • 1/2" Tread Depth on all Sizes

Maxxis Razr 2

Maxxis Razr2's have an aggressive tread pattern for even more impressive cornering ability. They feature raised yellow lettering on the side wall and are suitable for all types of cross country terrain. Increased lug depth offers increased skid and traction control.
Details:
The 6-ply rating makes them suitable for all types of terrain. Made especially for the GNCC, their increased depth and angled tread offers improved steering and braking.
Features:
  • 6 Ply Rating
  • 18/32" Tread Depth
  • Made especially for the GNCC

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Seems to me slightly different tread pattern and 2/32" more tread depth

·
Registered
253 Posts
The 2s are really beefy tires, almost too much. They are also pretty heavy. If I were to get a set of Razrs, it'd be the Ballance editions. They are very durable and still light weight. The biggest size they have is 20x11x9, though.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Here's my XX on Razr2's. I LOVE the extra ground clearance with 22's on the rear and 23's on the front. I can literally slide under my quad. My next tires will be ones on the bottom. Gonna try them out.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Hey how often do you get to dust that thing? You still ride anymore?

[pours salt in wound]
I've rode it one time with the new tires before it got a new motor. My snow video was on the new motor though. That's all I've rode.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
The 2s are really beefy tires, almost too much. They are also pretty heavy. If I were to get a set of Razrs, it'd be the Ballance editions. They are very durable and still light weight. The biggest size they have is 20x11x9, though.

the rear tires look similar to the holeshots tread pattern

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
All of the Razr II's are 3-5lbs heavier than the regular Razr.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have ran both on my 450R's, they each have their good and bad points. The Razr 2's work good in softer terrain, areas where the lugs can dig down and get grip. The Razr's work better in the hard pack stuff. The Razr 2's wear faster. The biggest thing is the Razr2's are heavier, you can really feel the difference in the rotating weight when riding the quad. With the Razr's on, my 450R's rev faster due to less weight, because of this, I actually prefer the Razr's.

Doug

·
Registered
40 Posts
What size razr would work for the stock rear wheels? Is there a down side to just changing the rears? i ride a mix of sand arroyos, dunes, rocky trials etc. Will new tires help with hill racing, sandy arroyos?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have standard Razr's not the 2's all around. 23x7x10 in the front and 22x10x11 rear. I ride mostly in the desert. They are wearing much better than the stock tires and I like the handling better. Life is good. :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
the fronts are 21 from honda right? Can someone explain whay the bigger size in the front? I ride trails, some dunes, some rocky areas etc.

Are the itp wheels worth the money? ARe they any lighter or wider than the factory wheels? ALso can i just upgrade the rears for better traction and more with?

·
Registered
574 Posts
The larger diameter fronts steer better (less push). I am not sure I could explain the science of it but they eliminated a lot of push in mine. The larger diameter also rolls over obstacles easier. The only down side I heard of is the 23" fronts hit some nerf's.

More discussion on this.
http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2015

http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3455

I Don't know if the ITP wheels are any lighter than stock. I can tell you that on the front they have a wider offset than stock which has also reduced push.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well my razr II and itp wheels came in. Keeping the fronts sending back the rears. at 4lbs a corner more on the back its just too much. May go to a razr on stock wheel or maybe a razr on another itp wheel? Can anyone weigh a rear razr on a stock wheel and a razr on an after market wheel please?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have ran both on my 450R's, they each have their good and bad points. The Razr 2's work good in softer terrain, areas where the lugs can dig down and get grip. The Razr's work better in the hard pack stuff. The Razr 2's wear faster. The biggest thing is the Razr2's are heavier, you can really feel the difference in the rotating weight when riding the quad. With the Razr's on, my 450R's rev faster due to less weight, because of this, I actually prefer the Razr's.

Doug
You're saying that the Razr 2's wear faster? I was wondering which would wear faster between the razr's and II's. The razr's tread depth seems way shorter than the II's though. Hard to believe... but hope it's true because I want to get the razrs.

·
Registered
671 Posts
You're saying that the Razr 2's wear faster?
Yes, the razr2's wear out faster. Even though the tread depth on the razr2's is greater, they don't last as long as the razr. The razr's aren't the greatest for wear either, but they do last longer then the razr2's, at least from what I have found.

Doug

·
Registered
132 Posts
Anyone know a site where there are 10" rims (thick, tough) decently priced? I thought for sure that there would be a decent tire selection now for an 11" rim. Kinda disappointing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts