Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the following tyres and would like members input on there suitability as it is one area I'm not experienced in.

2x RAZR BLADE M506 - Rear 20-11-10
2x RAZR BLADE M506 - Front 21-7-10

Here in the UK we have an annual event called the Weston Beach Race. As the name suggests it is on a beach. The first straight along the water edge is 1 mile long and very flat and very fast. Then the track weeves it's way back over man made dunes and whoops (basically big heaps of sand built by machines) back to the beginning. I originally bought the 700xx for this race mainly because of it's ground clearance. The corners go very deep rutted and the low 450's struggle getting stuck and jamming chains as they try to cut through the wet sand. Yes the sand is wet almost like mud in places and probably a lot different to the sand in your dunes.
About 6-700 people start the 3hr endurance race with only about half of them finishing. Quads of all shapes and sizes incuding 4x4 join in the race which is a spectacular event either to be in or to watch.
I am aiming at winning this years event and I am building the quad to do it. The rest as they say is down to me and a lot of luck!

Back to the tyres, I'm a little worried whether they are suitable for riding flat out down the straight as I haven't experience riding on them. Last year I used the SNOW4 which were good but there is no 10"!

Any thoughts and comments please, good or bad!

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you like the SNOW4, have you checked the AMS Zippers?? They are the same tire but come in a 10". The Zippers and SNOW4's are apparently everybody's best picks for Sand dragging from what I hear.

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
You googled it, I still don't see any pics of it on his quad. :p
What is it with you and jeffs need for picture verification?! I know u put the fececious smiley with tongue out... But come on! Honestly, who cares?! Its a forum, simon lives on the other side of the planet, why do u care, what if she/he doesn't care if u want pics, y should someone care, can't u just let ppl post without hounding them for pics of every mod they mention??? And who even cares if they have what they say, you can't judge a persons character from forum posting, because everyone could be carryin out extensive babble... U just DON'T know :s

I know u know what the blades look like, I know u researched b4 u bought...

I'm ranting now sorry, Don't get me wrong, gary, jeff I think both of u are great for this site (advice, opinions, write ups generally good buddies etc) but the willy wally for picture verification fetish u 2 have is silly as putty.

Its one thing to ask because maybe u never seen the particular mod or because ur thinkin bout gettin it and u wanna see it installed, but this snakey side comment business because u lack trust and for some reason have to find ppl out, is, well, silly and a good excuse for me to have a really long post lmao

Btw, don't get ur banana hammock all bunched up, I really do enjoy the site and u have been very helpful and pleasant, and I appreciate it, maybe I just needed to vent something and this was it :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Wow!! Did Gary and Jeff tell you this is why they ask ppl to post pictures? If not, you are basically calling them...... well, horrible people! What you just said in your rant should have probably been kept to yourself unless you know it as a fact.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just to verify I am a male, at least I was last time I went for a tinkle, I stood up for it if I remember. Next time I go I'll get some pics to keep you all happy.
Some of us don't mind posting pics, I have a digi camera so I might as well use it.

PS posting pics of me taking a tinkle was a joke so don't hold your breath because they ain't going to be any!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just to verify I am a male, at least I was last time I went for a tinkle, I stood up for it if I remember. Next time I go I'll get some pics to keep you all happy.
Some of us don't mind posting pics, I have a digi camera so I might as well use it.

PS posting pics of me taking a tinkle was a joke so don't hold your breath because they ain't going to be any!!
You tease!

·
Registered
333 Posts
What!? No. I don't think either of them r horrible, I think they both r great! And I said that at the end.

I simply don't like that sometimes they have this, I dunno, push, for pix. And like I said wanting to see it cause one hasn't and wants it is one thing, but I know gary has seen the blade and he saw the googled pic. He wanted proof it was on the bike and I just feel that in a forum setting such as this one, a BOY, (simon, I wasn't meanin for it to sound like u might b a gurl, just was including the opposite sex :) shouldn't have to prove mods.... Or trucks (yes I came clean about my f750 picture after much hounding from the famous myspace guy :) that's all I'm sayin.

They r great! If I lived near them I would ride with them all the time, well prolly not swope cause gary tells me he doesn't like to get dirty... Lmao calm down jeff I saw the pix in dagirls thread with muddy pix of u!! Just takin a shot across the bow...

Anywhooooo, and I have publicly announced in here how helpful and intelligent they are and they're efforts to have a great site r stupendous because this is the best forum I have ever been in...

So don't go gettin all outta wack atlanta, I never meant for that rant to sound like I thought they where terrible, I don't.

·
Registered
551 Posts
WOW all this over wantin pics! I really enjoy seen other ppls quads and thier mods even on the trail, so dont understand the whole rant bout pics if thier not pming u or anybody else about it whats the deal. I like it when ppl check out my ride, (and if i could figure out how to pics on here I would) Its like a feelin of just fitting in.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Help!!

I'm looking at the following tyres and would like members input on there suitability as it is one area I'm not experienced in.

2x RAZR BLADE M506 - Rear 20-11-10
2x RAZR BLADE M506 - Front 21-7-10

Here in the UK we have an annual event called the Weston Beach Race. As the name suggests it is on a beach. The first straight along the water edge is 1 mile long and very flat and very fast. Then the track weeves it's way back over man made dunes and whoops (basically big heaps of sand built by machines) back to the beginning. I originally bought the 700xx for this race mainly because of it's ground clearance. The corners go very deep rutted and the low 450's struggle getting stuck and jamming chains as they try to cut through the wet sand. Yes the sand is wet almost like mud in places and probably a lot different to the sand in your dunes.
About 6-700 people start the 3hr endurance race with only about half of them finishing. Quads of all shapes and sizes incuding 4x4 join in the race which is a spectacular event either to be in or to watch.
I am aiming at winning this years event and I am building the quad to do it. The rest as they say is down to me and a lot of luck!

Back to the tyres, I'm a little worried whether they are suitable for riding flat out down the straight as I haven't experience riding on them. Last year I used the SNOW4 which were good but there is no 10"!

Any thoughts and comments please, good or bad!
I have to ask you because I was also considering the same Razor Blade tires... But have my concerns as to using a 10" rear rim. My concerns are with the clearance inside of the rear rim and the upper a-arm. What rim did you use?? I've "heard" this and that, but I really need to know what actually works... not what they say "should" work.
I live in California and there is just too much good sand here not to find a rim and tire option that works for the 700xx... HELP!

roadkill

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I rang Hiper and they made some for me with 4.5+3 offset which go over the arms without any problem. They do however make the rear 2" wider which will make the steering push worse unless you do something to the front end too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts