Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a couple pictures of my 6-ply Razr rear tire that got a puncture last weekend. This is a friggin stick that went right threw my tire and broke off leaving only a small piece stuck in the tire. I've got it at the tire shop now getting a patch and a tube put in it. Hopefully it'll last a little while like this as these tire's only have about 30 hours on them.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well i got the tire back from the tire shop. Seems to be ok? Hopefully i dont rip the valve stem outta this tube!!! Probably gonna hafta order a new tire? OUCH!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Should have just bought a plug kit, could have fixed that easy, would not have had to even remove the tire form the quad. Would have had to use a few plugs, I think my record is 7 plugs to plug one hole! That was even a sidewall. Guy used the tire for another 6 months before they were so worn he had to replce them. Never leaked any air, plugs held fine.

Doug

·
Registered
788 Posts
Funny enough, my stockers are still going strong.:hey::hey::hey:

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Should have just bought a plug kit, could have fixed that easy, would not have had to even remove the tire form the quad. Would have had to use a few plugs, I think my record is 7 plugs to plug one hole! That was even a sidewall. Guy used the tire for another 6 months before they were so worn he had to replce them. Never leaked any air, plugs held fine.

Doug
I have to agree... some plugs should've worked just fine. My riding buddy got a tear in his sidewall and fixed it still on the trail with 2 plugs.

roadkill

·
Registered
734 Posts
yep, plugs will work amazing, even on sidewalls, I have seen up to 10 plugs in a huge sidewall hole, held up fine. I would remove the tube as you will get a flat really easy, especially if you hit a rock.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm the tire shop said it couldnt be plugged that the hole was too big?
they also said a patch wouldnt hold?

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm the tire shop said it couldnt be plugged that the hole was too big?
they also said a patch wouldnt hold?

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
of course they did they wanted your money lol. i say glue the stick in from the inside and outside looks like extra traction to me lmao

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
plugs are amazing, just be sure to use the glue w/ them, the rubber cement that is. I always carry some with me, you can get various sizes. I sold 700xxmaniac a tire with like 8 plugs in it, leaked a tad but that was right on the brim/sidewall which is the hardest spot to plug. My roomie has 9 plugs in his side wall and didn't trim them like you normally do cuz he is afraid they'd push in lol

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hi Red, mate you havent been Kenda Kuttered yet you beta ASAP, it will stop all the problems with the flats.

Overlord

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I guess I just figured the stick would have broken before it went threw the tire? Don't get me wrong I'm not dissatisfied with the tire. This is the first time I've had a puncture on these tires. I am just wanting to give the kutters a try when these wear out.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Red, a truck plug will fix that , I done the same thing on my first ride on the Razzar1's, I dont have to explain how good it is to have the Kutters not one flat in 10 rides, I am over the moon and now leave the plug kit at home.

Overlord

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
is that tube a HD tube with the metal locking valve stem

thats what I run in my fronts they hold up great if you pinch the sidwall on a rock more than likely it will not get the tube

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not sure what kind of tube it is? But I went out this past weekend and did some pretty hard launches on pavement and it held up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts