Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wheels and tires just came in from RM and they look great. With that said they are just way too heavy. ITP wheels and 22x11x10 Razr II's weigh 22lbs each. The stock wheels and tires are 18lbs. Tires look great and I am sure will hook very well but at 8 lbs extra rotational mass on the rears its just too heavy. :(

·
Registered
821 Posts
I would almost bet your faster with the razrs than the factorys. Spinning slows you down, I would rather it be heavier and get traction than be lighter and spin alot. But if it's that big a deal, do burnouts till they weigh the same. That being said, I want the exact combo you have. Those tires look great for trails.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Wow! Your rig looks sexy! I just can't imagine how some folks actually think black is faster than red!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Wheels and tires just came in from RM and they look great. With that said they are just way too heavy. ITP wheels and 22x11x10 Razr II's weigh 22lbs each. The stock wheels and tires are 18lbs. Tires look great and I am sure will hook very well but at 8 lbs extra rotational mass on the rears its just too heavy. :(
1: stock wheels are cheep 2pl tires razar 2 are strong 6pl
2: 8lb is not that much not even a gallon of gas:hey:
3: u will hadle alot better :xx:

4: why do u care so much about only 8lb

·
Registered
671 Posts
2: 8lb is not that much not even a gallon of gas:hey:

4: why do u care so much about only 8lb
It is just not the weight of the item, it is that it adds “Rotating weight”. The heavier tire you have, the more the engine has to work to spin them. I run both razr’s and razr2’s on my 450R’s, the difference in engine performance is very noticeable between the two. The engine revs out faster with the lighter razr’s on the quad, one of the main reasons I prefer the razr over the razr2.

Doug

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is well put. On rotaional weight it is more then the weight you add. When you look at cars etc I have seen it said 1lb of rotaional mass can be like adding 5lbs of weight to the car. So even if we say it is 2lbs for every 1lb of RW that would mean with 8lbs of RW the atv would gain 16lbs. on a 500lb 50hp atv that is huge. It may not be as bad on a straight trail with a set speed but for hill climbs, dunes, drag racing etc it will put me at a big disadvantage. Did some digging to razr in 22x10x11 is 14.5lbs, razr in 20x11x10 is 14.33lbs and razr 2 in 22x11x10 is 19.3lbs all of these weights are with out the rim. So you can see an almost 5lb increase going to razr 2's.

It is just not the weight of the item, it is that it adds “Rotating weight”. The heavier tire you have, the more the engine has to work to spin them. I run both razr’s and razr2’s on my 450R’s, the difference in engine performance is very noticeable between the two. The engine revs out faster with the lighter razr’s on the quad, one of the main reasons I prefer the razr over the razr2.

Doug

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
what are you rim dementions i would like to get rims like your rear rims but in black but i dont know what dementions will fit on my quad.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
The tires look cool, and I don't think that 8 lbs is much. That coming from someone that is overweight. But I think that unsprung weight would be more of a concern than rotational mass. Especially on an already overweight 4 stroke. If it were a little short stroke engine that had to rev to make any real power I would be concerned, but the 700 has more than enough to pull those with ease.

Now that you have had them for a while, how do you like them?

·
Registered
70 Posts
The tires look cool, and I don't think that 8 lbs is much. That coming from someone that is overweight. But I think that unsprung weight would be more of a concern than rotational mass. Especially on an already overweight 4 stroke. If it were a little short stroke engine that had to rev to make any real power I would be concerned, but the 700 has more than enough to pull those with ease.

Now that you have had them for a while, how do you like them?
This is what I was thinking as far as, it's not so much the weight but the location of the weight. The fact that it's rotational mass would be the biggest issue along with the fact that it's under the suspension. The more weight here the more inertia the shocks have to overcome to keep the tires on the ground. SO rather than keeping constant contact and soaking up stuff at high speed the tire is more inclined to stay in the air.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have razr2s and itp wheels and love them. Honestly i havnt even noticed the extra 8lbs. My XX will absolutly haul a$$ with those wheels and tires. I have a big 3 also but still...i didnt notice a difference at all

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.