Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

razr tire ?

3K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  TRX700XXX 
#1 ·
Ok so i am asking you guys opinion on whether or not i should just run the razr tires in the stock size or should i run a 22 in the front? I am planning on keeping the stock wheels and would just like to upgrade the rubber to something a little better. I am just a weekend warrior and do not plan on racing or anything like that. I live in the appalachian mountains and ride alot of steep mountain trails. So im worried the taller front tire would make me prone to tipping or lofting the front tire going up steep climbs. Let me know what you guys think! Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

PS: I tried searching but i think it's broke again! :confused:

#9 ·
ok so has anyone tried the I Razrs?

• Radial construction increases ride comfort and traction.
  • Tread design provides for responsive steering and predictable braking characteristics.
  • 6-ply for high puncture resistance.

#10 ·
I run 22's rzr2s in the front, and I like them quite a bit. Still some push, but not nearly as bad.

#13 ·
I know its not in everyones budget but with the 22" razr2s up front and razrs on back stage 3 elkas in all for corners and the sonic anti sway bar i have absolutly no push and rides and slides just like a strait axel yet is as plush as a indpenedet suspenion was ment to be

#14 ·
i went with regular maxxis 23" fronts they look very similar to stock and what a difference it made the bike a different machine and i think the 13t helped alot as well it slides now not quite as well as a sra but a 200% diff. from stock!

#16 ·
I have no idea, I didn't weigh the 2 seperately. However, the fronts I didn't notice much difference, a pound or two. However, the rears are a little more.

As far as the 23's rubbing, there were a few posts somewhere on here where they rub the nerfs, but it depends on the nerfs you got and everything. Just have to do some research, on whether they will work if you have nerfs or not.

I have the 22's, and I like them. 6 ply with whatever tire out there is worth the extra weight IMO.

#17 ·
This is kinda off the subject but I was just at the dealer and was talking to another guy who had his xx in the shop. He had the razr 2's on the front and they were bald! Looked like slicks! That poor machine looked like it had been abused to say the least. I asked him why it was in the shop and he said his engine was knocking? I was thinking man if it wasn't a Honda it would probably be dead already!

#19 ·
I've got 23" Razrs in front and haven't even thought about the push since mounting them. The tires plus tightening my front preload has pretty much solved the issue for me and I'm still running with the OEM Dunlops in the back.

#20 ·
I got razr rear and razr2 23" up front with douglas wheels with a 3+2 offset making it 1.5" wider in the front and it makes a HUGE difference. I totally had to adjust the way I exited and entered turns because I was used to pushing around the turn and having the inside front tire come up exiting the turn. It still does it a little but its a big improvement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.