Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i been kickin around the idea of buying one of these things. but the only experience i have had with them was when i was like 14 (12 years ago) my dad had a friend who had one, it was one you assembled yourself it was a monster truck lookin thing that was nitro powered. any way on its maiden voyage he ran it through a water puddle and it fried some servos and quit running. before i even got a chance to drive it. so my questions are as follows...
1)are they a little more durable or better protected from this type of damage now?
2) as with anything else there is always better brands as well ass expensive brands. then there is the brands in the middle that are of good quality and a reasonable price. what are these brands?
3) is redcat a good brand specdificly this model?
http://cgi.ebay.com/AVALANCHE-XP-1-...pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item5ada7f6d45

thanks in advance for your time and knowledge. and if there is anything else you can think of i didnt ask please feel free to bring it up!!!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i have 3 a gst 7.7 (the best), a traxxis t max (pos),, and a losi idk what kind.. it has a good 3.5 engine... but if u getin back in to r/c id get a traxxis revo they beak alot but u can just get aft maket parts as u go.. they come with everything but nitro...

my gst came with great servos.. they lasted almost a year,,(thats great for stockers), now it has hitech servos..i need a new head for the engine ($20).

ill sell it to ya for 200$ thats after i fix the head

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm not an expert on these things , by any means but, Traxxas makes some nice entry level nitro rc's. I have a rustler , which is a two wheel drive dune buggy. And I also have two four wheel drive T-MAX's. The T-MAX is an exellent rc. very durable, many, many aftermarket parts, and very fast. Just like any feul burning engine, though, you really shouldn't run them through water. I have hit a few small puddles with mine and have had no issues.But, still, I try to avoid it.I have had mine for quite a while, but i don't think the price has changed much. I paid around $500 each for the truck plus the necisary accesories such as feul bottle, spare glow plugs,and a few minor parts. There is really no limit to modifications , just like a car or quad. It's very easy to get carried away. so, good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
the traxxis revo comes with everything u need but fuel.. it a good entry just like ever traxxis.. traxxis not as well build as otheres like cen racing, hpi, team associaded, or losi..

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
i totally scored! ive been looking at these for about a week or so too but was a little shocked by the price. or buddy that is staying with us was like hey i have one in storage you can have. not sure which one it is but hey its free

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
the big one is the gst and the buggy is the losi.. and in the blurry pic there a uni for my xx by the gst

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
any of the traxxas vehicles with blue servos is waterproof.

i never had the urge to do that, my chit gets dirty enough without the puddles.

i have a losi aftershock, a team associated SC8, losi mini rock crawler, losi strike, um....a traxxas slayer that is on its way to a new home any day...im sure im forgetting something i have had the bug since i was about 8 (25 yrs ago) cool stuff!! keeps me out of trouble...most times...

·
Registered
122 Posts
only ones i have ran is traxxas ive had the nitro v boat, rustler truck, two different tmaxxes, and a monster buggy with 43 cc two stroke engine.
a place to compare going prices is www.rcuniverse.com i have done lots of trading on there. i had a .18 tmaxx and rand in heavy snow and ice and had a blast till the front bulk heads broke after a hard curb jump.

·
Registered
197 Posts
you might also look into the traxxas e-maxx cause it is water proof you can drive it through puddles and stuff like that so I don't think that the snow would hurt it it's the electric version of the t-maxx if you get the e-maxx get the brushless version.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I wan an erevo vxl so bad. Get on youtube and do a search. Also i might add i had a tmaxx with the 2.5 nitro in it, motor needs work and needs radio. Anybody want it. Free+ shipping. I havent got it out of closet in about 3yrs.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i ended up getting a redcat earthquake 3.5 nitro. got it for 195 seems like a good price for it considering its my first one and more than likely im just gonna beat the living hell out of it till it breaks anyway. lol

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
When I was stationed in SC, I got one from a Hobby Shop that was custom made. It was suppose to be a H2 Hummer. The guy that built it put a pint size tank in the rear end of it w/ another pump, it it would run for ever LOL. Anyway, it was push button 4x4 which was sweet, could change out the tires, and it was huge (about 2 feet high and 3.5 ft long). I don't remember what size engine it had, but it was heavy and I first assumed it would be slow.....WRONG. It would do about 40, and get there quickly, but you could change out the gears easily so you could do different things w/ it. Overall, the only thing I had to do was redo the engine. Bought it for my lil bro w/ a multiuse controller for $550 i think. He still has it somewhere. Sorry I don't know who made the servoes or anything, but the thing looked sweet so igot it as I have always had planes.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
u should post some pics crwh45

1 - 14 of 14 Posts