Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re-interduction of Snowdog! :tup:

Been a member for a while you could say and have been riding a 2007 Yamaha Wolverine 450 but I've been researching for a loooong time. I went and purchased a 2008 700xx back on Memorial Day and kept the secret from my good friend Dagirl71 with the help of Nash04. I broke the news today to Dagirl71 because I'm finally/almost done repairing everything and tomorrow I'll be taking it out and riding it really for the first time since I bought it.

At first, I had some buyers remorse. The 700xx had some pretty good scratches and not the typical riding stuff. It looked like it had been rolled or went threw a thicket bush or worse! The right front tie rod was bent, the front tires needed to be replaced, the plastic was scratched and missing some screws and a few nuts, the dashlight pod was destroyed and not all the lights worked, the exhaust rattled like crazy, the chain was dry and rusty, the air filter was caked in dirt. Yeah, I probably should of NEVER bought it! I thought about it and kinda felt that if the worse was a bent tie rod and it drove good even with it and nothing else was broken or bent then it had a chance to still be a really GREAT ride.

Being a parts manager and enjoying being able to fix things and make them right. I felt like it was the perfect project for me. I could restore this baby to its original glory and take care of it like it should have been. I bought all new plastics, a few additional hardware that was missing, fixed the exhaust rattle, changed the air filter, change the oil, cleaned it head to toe, inside and out, upside and down, installed new tires, Proarmor skid plate, Odi hand grips, Honda nerf bars are on order, probably going with the PRM Desert II bumper next and the l8ton 11/16 sway bar.

I can't say enough how well www.powersportsplus.com was at filling and shipping my orders. Yeah, multiple orders! I highly recommend them! Constantly updated on my order status, nothing missing or broken and from what I could find the lowest price on factory parts on the internet.

So, the cats out of the bag and I'm about to go ape shit crazy posting questions on some of the stuff that I can't figure out or need insight on!

THE DOG!

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Looking good! I share your enthusiasm. I just picked up my XX a week ago. Sold my built Raptor 727 and picked this up two hours later. I have lots of goodies to add.
Ride with pride

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
congrates on the purchase you will see a different beast and ride it !!:xx:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Congrats on the rebuild man ull love it

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! Anxious to get out to ride it but there's still a few hicups I'm having issues with and parts that are coming that I want to install.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got out and rode the 700 all weekend and absolutely loved it! It was my first time riding a quad with a clutch and of course I stalled it plenty of times, mis shifted from first to neutral instead of 2nd and forgot to downshift at times but that will all come with more seat time.
Before I left I had already ordered the 11/16th sway bar and that will get put on this week. Like many have said before about the vibration. My hands also were numb and tingling every 45 min of riding. I guess I'll start looking into new handle bars, Precision Shock/Vibe setup or the CCP damper.

Such a great weekend riding!

·
Registered
151 Posts
It sounds like you have had fun fixing it up and now get to enjoy riding it.
I have the CCP steering stabilizer and I love it, I have them on my 400ex's as well. They work great and are rebuildable. They really help with the bars shaking out of your hands in rougher terrain.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It sounds like you have had fun fixing it up and now get to enjoy riding it.
I have the CCP steering stabilizer and I love it, I have them on my 400ex's as well. They work great and are rebuildable. They really help with the bars shaking out of your hands in rougher terrain.

Thanks! I'll be looking into all of it shortly.

By the way, do you realize I'm about 25 min from you?
Straight up County Line Road to where it meets up with 309, I live behind Zotos diner.

Take it easy!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nice to know, maybe we can get together and ride sometime, do you have somewhere local you ride? I have a nice set of woods to ride right down the street from my house if you want to come here. We usually go out on the weekends and have a pretty decent group of guys that go out. Sometime up to 20 quads, a mix of sports & utilities and occasionally a RAZR side by side.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nothing local to ride up here. I always have to go up to RAC or plan a 3 day weekend. Where the heck could you be riding down in the Trevose area? Especially with that many quads. You'll have to PM me that one!

Yeah we'll have to get together so you can work on my quad when I can't figure something out...LOL!

·
Registered
151 Posts
We ride right off of Street Road behind a neighborhood between 2 sets of train tracks, it is like a bike triangle of woods. Also there are some place to go if you venture down the tracks a bit. It is right by Street road & Reading Ave. I live right down the street from there and we usually leave right from my house and 1 block we are in the woods. I have seen on a nice sunny day almost 50 quads and bikes back there as well as some jeeps before all though they have not been around much this summer. We always have a good time though. Oh expect to get muddy as there is a good bit of mud there.
The land we ride on is private property and the police are not allowed to go back there. All though if you park in the small industrial park they break you balls when you come out, that is why it is easier to go from my house.

Nothing local to ride up here. I always have to go up to RAC or plan a 3 day weekend. Where the heck could you be riding down in the Trevose area? Especially with that many quads. You'll have to PM me that one!

Yeah we'll have to get together so you can work on my quad when I can't figure something out...LOL!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This may sound like a stupid question but have you tried Hatfield & McCoy ATV riding area in PA?
Naa, no stupid questions because I got plenty of them!

Hatfield McCoy is in West Virginia but Ba9801 and I are right outside of Philadelphia. He is probably 5-10 min from city limits and I'm more in the suburbs more like 30 min. For me it takes about an hour and half to get to Pottsville, Pa look on youtube for RAC atv or Terverton Hill Climbs or Shamokin Hill Climbs they are the closest things for me. The state has some decent trails but the best ones are 3 hours away.

·
Registered
151 Posts
yea unfortunately there are not alot of large areas around to ride. I have been to the Lost Trails and it was ok but it is very rocky.
The woods we ride are not real big but enough to have fun for the day.
We have been checking out the videos on YouTube for a while now for Treverton & Shamokin, we hope to be able to get there sometime soon to check it all out.
My friends have also been talking about a trip to Hatfield & McCoys sometime next year.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Installed my 11/16" L8ton sway bar today, I also ordered the CCP steering damper and tomorrow my front & rear a-arms guard should arrive.

I AM ON MY WAY!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I would be really interested to give your bike a ride with that swaybar to see how much difference it makes.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I would be really interested to give your bike a ride with that swaybar to see how much difference it makes.
Do yourself the favor, and pre-order yours now. That way you wont have to wait to get it. Cause if you try it you will love it!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts