Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of the first things I plan on doing with the XX.

This climb has about a 3 bike length run at it.....

And then coming out the top........

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Thanks for the INVITE lmao. It looks gorgeous. Well, except for the mud.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, I pretty much avoid mud if at all possible. That mudhole in the 3rd pic has a solid bottom. We had gotten a downpour the night before this ride so it was completely full. I actually took the line to the left of the pic around the mudhole that day.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Very nice pics! Keep em' coming! Where is this? If its in Kentucky I think a road trip is in order!
I agree. That place looks like a lot of fun. It seems to have a little bit of everything. Nice Pics.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's in southern KY on the KY/TN border. We start in KY and loop through Pickett State Park in TN. The mineral pond picture is in TN and the rest of the pics are in KY. You can hit all the places in these pics in about 35 miles but the ride can be stretched to 80+ miles fairly easily with a little backtracking and overlapping.

I'm just itching to ride the XX in the woods. A couple trips around the yard just aren't cutting it. I put tie rod ends, new front tires, and new grips on the farm's Rancher Saturday and rode back to that overlook (4th pic) in the rain and it made the itch even worse.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
That water looks awesome

·
Registered
228 Posts
Dude, give them the link to the video of you going up that rock. That was nasty. The pictures don't do it justice.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't have any real concrete plans for a ride in this area yet. I hope to ride pretty soon though. I just enjoy looking at other people's riding pics and videos and figured I'd post some pics of where we usually ride. I never carry a camera so I have to rely on people that I ride with to send me pics. That's why you might see these same pics on other forums....they're about all I have to post. LOL.

About that rock....I have to admit it's not as bad as it looks. It looks real knarly since it's a bit off camber and has some roots and a big crack running down the middle of it. It's just a climb that's all about speed and being ready if it kicks you sideways coming out the top. It is, however, my litmus test on what quad I own though. If it can't climb it, I don't want it to be my main ride.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
yeah I watched the video thats a nice incline dont sell yourself short most people would ride by it not stop and say hey Im climbing that! I copied the link into my FB page so I can show my friend Doug...you my friend need a gopro! Have you played on the 700xx like that? I am wondering it it well bounce as easy...
I'd be one of those riders that would be driving by that one. I don't quite have that big of cajones! Nice vid!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Awesome pics and video. I might try the rock but I know I wouldn't make it look as easy you did.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the compliments......

daGirl, I haven't had the XX out yet so I'm not sure how it will react. I'm anxious to get it out there. There are at least 3 sections that I want to just pin it and hang on to see how the IRS soaks up that certain terrain.

And yes, I want a go-pro. I swear though, the minute I start videoing, I'll crash and burn.

"hey watch this!"
*flip go pro on*
*braaappp*
*smack*

It may not go exactly like that, but it will probably be close.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
well be safe that looks nasty and pictures normal make it look easy! but a picture on the 700xx like this would be the new desktop picture!
what im just not good enough anymore.:cry::lmao:
looks like some sweet riding spots

1 - 20 of 22 Posts