Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested to know if anyone has installed a 2" rear receive on their 700. Cheaper than Dirt advertises a 40"x20" carrying rack that slides into a 2" receiver. I would like to be able to carry a tote bag of some kind and possibly a couple of small fuel cans. Any ideas appreciated. PRM offers a rear rack that mounts around the rear of the seat but I would like to be able to easily take it off like you could on a utility or truck, etc. I noticed a post where someone has made a front mount for a winch so I thought maybe someone has also mounted a receiver. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I think i read somewhere that you can buy a tow hitch for the 700xx. I dont know alot about it or how it fits. I'll try and see if I can find it for you.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I don't think I would go through with this, Duramax. Those baskets are made to go into a heavy 2" reciever. The ones that you would put on a quad are not going to be built heavy enough to take a cantilevered load like that, IMHO. I've never seen a hitch on a quad that I would trust like that. Even if you're only talking about 25# of gear plus the 15# or so the tray would weigh, that's more weight than I would want on a 2' lever arm hanging off the back of my bike.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Good point, OHV Wildcat.
Ave ger, great pics. I would also like to mount a winch but would like to be able to move it from the front to rear if needed.
Baxter, great link. Even if I don't put a basket on the rear, the tow hitch will come in handy.
Thanks to everyone for your posts.
The guys I ride with when we go to Az. like to ride a 100 or so miles a day. I am concerned about carrying enough fuel to get back. Plus a few tools and extras. Seems like everything is a trade off. The last two trips out there, I have taken the rhino but always have wished I would have taken my Raptor. Now that I have the 700 and the Raptor is history, I would like to take it. We also spend a week or so at the Imperial Sand Dunes at Glamis or Buttercup. In '08, a Border Patrolman was killed at Buttercup by an illegal with a car as he was trying to get back across to Mexico. Probably won't go back to Buttercup with the way things are out that way.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i can fit a 2 gal can in my six pack rack ant i have a toolbox right below it

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
115 Posts
mine is actually a dg

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a 2" reciever installed, i'd post pics, but how do you get them up?

·
Registered
89 Posts
how do i post pics like you just did?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hit "Post Reply"...scroll down to "Additional Options" & click on "Manage Attachments"....an "Attachment Window" will open & you can upload your photos from there. Hope this helps!:xx:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ok thanx, I will post mine tonight

·
Registered
89 Posts
still have to drill a hole and paint it.. when i get my new tires and rims, i will make more support so it won't move.. right now it is only held by the bolts and they alow it to move when there is alot of weight on it.. so when i dont' want to make supports and it not be level anymore when i get new tires, so more support after tires

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
still have to drill a hole and paint it.. when i get my new tires and rims, i will make more support so it won't move.. right now it is only held by the bolts and they alow it to move when there is alot of weight on it.. so when i dont' want to make supports and it not be level anymore when i get new tires, so more support after tires

Me Amigo...you gonna need to stick something in that hole!! Looks good!

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
thank you, i wanna get a cap for it when i'm done, don't know what kind yet, probly ford

·
Registered
89 Posts
nice fab work, thanks for the pics
i'd say it's pretty good for being 15 ;) i am going to make another support when my new tires come..

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Should make it easy to do wheelies with all that weight back there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts