Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
I did my sprocket from the side. It seemed much easier that way than to take the skid off.

·
Registered
80 Posts
im just going to throw this out there i cut the side plastics on mine do to the nerf bars being instaled (looks sweet) if you where wondering but eny way you can get to the sproket from the side easier and with the prm skid you dont have to take to change the oil it has a hole cut for the plug
Have you changed your oil yet? The drain plug faces to the side instead of straight down and half the oil misses the hole and drains on the skid plates. I take the skid plate off to avoid the mess. You can access the retaining bolt on the sprocket from the side, but if you can get your hands in there to remove the sprocket, lace a new sprocket into the chain, and get the new sprocket mounted without pulling the skid plate you are far more talented then I am. I need my room to work and assure that everything is put on correctly and torqued to the factory specs.

·
Registered
537 Posts
When you do your oil change pull the oil drain bolt out most of the way, but not all the way. The oil will drain straight down and avoid the skid plate. With as much trouble I had getting my Pro Armor skid to line up correctly, I will never take it off until I have to replace it. IMO taking the heel guard off to access the sprocket is far easier than taking the skid off if it's an aftermarket one with 3 bolts and 3 clamps on the frame. I did my sprocket in about 20 mins this way.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i havent changed the oil yet but like every one said it only takes two mins to hose off the mess and i did change the sproket from the side and it is tight but not that bad rather then having to realine all the ten thousand bolt prm put on there skid plats

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.