Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
6,388 Posts
A wider rear-end would reduce the leverage that the front tires would have over the rear at slower speeds and make it even more difficult to turn at lower speeds. Try running a different offset on your 700xx and see for yourself.

· Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Ok so a wider rear will make slow speed turning worse? I thought I had read on here somewhere that it would help...
Yes a wider rear would make low speed steering worse.

Think about it this way:

As you can see in this picture (so crudely drawn by me) the rear tires would have more leverage for the friction that they have in the "wide rear" than in the narrow one. Sorry about the arrows that are uneven I'm horrible at drawing things on a PC. Also in all fairness my drawing is exaggerated and not exactly representative of the +1 or +2 inch addition that Sonic is proposing which would not severely affect the under steer would would effect it none-the-less adversely.

· Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Here's something else to consider. Straight paddles (which is what I bought) will also cause under steer more so than angled paddles. They are supposed to be better for sand drags and hill climbs though.

· Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Andrew,

Thanks for the link back from your site to ours. Man I wish I would have had that sway bar going round the mx track last weekend...

Thanks again,

Gary

**Late Edit**

You might also want to put instructions for the rear roll bar up on your site. If you want some help writing them up I don't mind helping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.