Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
221 Posts
agreed ..some way to adapt the fitting to stock ..or aftermarket long-travel ... definitely a regular eye shock ..not the stupid clevice or however its spelled.

maybe where the shock mounts ... the plate could be removed with a different plate to accommodate a different shock... or a different a-arm all together for stock or aftermarket shocks. I want the absolute most travel possible within 50" width.

looks like the rear tire size from maxxis will be 22x10 -11 ... ill get some measurements from different wheel manufacturers if youd like... but as far as i know douglass is the only manufacturer to make 11" sportwheels .. and customized by OMF performance.

· Registered
221 Posts
so ... you are manufacturing a lower a-arm only? I am confused exactly what is being made here. how much more would it be for both the upper and lower a-arms?

· Registered
221 Posts
also ... when i understand correctly what is being manufactured ..ill buy it ... but im hoping it is an extended long-travel rear a-arm... only because i plan to hammer the shit out of this quad next spring.

· Registered
221 Posts
im not worried about turning so much ... im worried about flying through the air on uncompromising ruts... with razr rears you can gas and spin the rear end around. the longer and wider rear end will help when the machine "squats" keeping more weight on the front for easier turning.

i myself wouldnt grind the steering stops down unless you are using a very strong dampener.... handlebars cracking your ass in the ribs really sucks.

also ..wider rear means more stability on side hills while gassing and turning... add that with a very stiff slow rebound and possibly these rear anti-roll bars and money on the rear.

when will they be ready ..and can you email the specs of the rear a-arms along with the shock mount spec and ill forward it to fox ...

· Registered
221 Posts
well ..to gain 4 inches of travel takes an entirely new a-arm and drive shaft ... so there is something to what is being said about the extreme cv angle.

if you travel too much the shaft will come right out and when it tries to go back in it will not andwill be an awful mess for whomever is riding ...i wont even get into the possibilities of what could happen ...

but ..the shaft coming out going at excessive speeds could turn the shaft into either a javelin or a pole vault ..and well ... there ya go.

· Registered
221 Posts
looks like custom axis will make a set of rear air shocks to fit sonics rear a-arms ... i like what i read about them ..i dont like the retail price of ..well its a lot.

Ill see if i can get a better price ... if they were in the 12-1300 range ... which should be enough for a dealer to make a bit of profit instead of 17-1800 retail ..which is ridiculous.

why am i after the air shocks ... because im totally anti-spring/coil over. This is about weight savings ... and well ..springs weigh a lot ... which may or may not be better ...but id rather spend the weight somewhere else ... like with the roll bars ..so an equal trade in weight for hopefully an added benefit in handling/cornering.

· Registered
221 Posts
im in the middle of helping a neighbor tear apart his 450r ... my 700xx is next with andrews swaybars ... (they are technically andrews until i pay for them) ... which btw >>> SONIC LOANED ME THE BARS SHIPPING AND ALL... so fellas ... sonic is no joke ..these guys stand behind their stuff.

sorry ive been running behind ... good weather ... jetski purchase ..then snow ..now nice again and have had my zx14 out and about road racing...

i did take a long 30+ mile ride on my 700xx sunday without ANY roll bar... should have a complete understanding of how good sonic's pieceis in a week or so ...and all of y'all will have my very honest opinion of it/them.

no worries andy ... i know where the bars came from ... and everyone else here knows you LOANED them to me to try before i buy sort of thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.