Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
2,932 Posts
OZLinc... The a-arms will be offset for a longer wheelbase also is what he is saying. This would cause the CV angle he was referring to.

Sonic... Some of us I'm including myself would be interested in a extended subframe or a-arms that would ive us 2-3" more wheelbase. I mostly ride wood trails and the biggest problem is keeping the front down. With just the Big 3 it makes it alot worse. When the aftermarket catches up and more people start building these motors you will see a huge interest for something of the sort. get them out now so everyone doesn't have to wait later.

· Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Ok so a wider rear will make slow speed turning worse? I thought I had read on here somewhere that it would help...

· Premium Member
2,932 Posts
The bike actually steers well when you sit up on the seat as intended. Its just old habit to sit towards the back and slide around like you were on a SA.

Trailin Me (Dave is it?) Its know that the Razr's on the front made a dramatic difference but does it steer better over stock with your Razr's all the way around?

· Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Yep, Straight paddles do not allow the tire or turf to shift and ease the stress of steering with a live axle. Angle paddles allow the tires to shift/unload

· Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I seriously doubt someone adjusting camber for different race setups would wreak havoc on the CV's. The amount of camber it would take to do so would be unbearable to drive. I agree Honda built the suspension as to where it wouldn't max out the CV angle but I'm sure the stock suspension has plenty of room for deviation.

· Premium Member
2,932 Posts
You would be surprised how little of an angle difference it takes to wreck a CV. I have gone through this alot. When the rhino craze first started I was right there and ran through a lot of problems with the CV's. Most of it had to do with changing the angle with the long travel or adjustable setups.

Camber adjustment in reasonable limits will not harm our bikes. Not sure about the initial rhino problems your refering to but if it was from lifting the bike that is a whole other situation and can quickly lead to problems. I'm not trying to justify reasons so people will adjust the camber but would like to know myself what his goal is.

I'm still unsure on why you would want to adjust the camber on the rear wheel. If you wanted to lean the wheel in at the top this would just cause the CV to be at a more extreme angle at full droop and I see no handling benefit.

I have no intentions on changing mine

Adjusting the toe in or out would give you more or less traction and would be less hard on the CV angle problem but I really don't think you would get that much benefit out of it either. The 700 is already set with the correct toe in the rear and works great for both strait line tracking and traction.

Agreed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.