Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day while lubing the chain and checking things out I noticed there is some looseness where the right inner CV joint goes into the brake rotor hub. I first noticed while turning the rear wheels there was some slop, and I saw that CV joint moving slightly in the hub. I can grab that CV housing and move it up and down in the brake rotor hub. It's like the splines are worn. I know this isn't something you'd normally think to check, but has anyone else noticed this?

My concern is that it could eventuality strip out, leaving me with a one wheel drive quad...

·
Registered
258 Posts
cant say i have noticed it before but havnt looked really.

Did you pull it apart and check at all? you would think that there would be some sort of needle roller bearing at the inner end of the cv

·
Registered
258 Posts
i just looked in the service manual that you can down load from this site somewhere and in section 17-5 it shows a nut on the end of the right hand inner shaft. it could be possible that this has come loose causing your freeplay issue,

Personally its something i would look into sooner rather than later as i reckon its one of those things that could get expensive if it turns pear shaped

·
Registered
528 Posts
i noticed some noise in my rearend, i think the nut is loose from when the dealership raped me..err...i mean changed my cv shaft.its letting my brake rotor wobble but my cv shaftsn seem fine.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The nut holding the two hubs together is fine, it's the right inner CV joint loose where it slides into the brake rotor hub. Kind of flops around in there a little.

·
Registered
8 Posts
im having the same problem as well but the dealership where i got it from said just to ride it but its normal for it to have alittle bit of play there is specs for it that my dealer wont fix it till its out of spec so i guess ill wait an c how long it takes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts