Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I live in California and ride hard in a variety of conditions. From beach dunes at Pismo to fast forest service fire roads in the mountains and almost everything in between... except racing. Lots of hard braking in technical areas. My 700xx is less than 10 months old, but has about 150 hours on it. My rear brakes are shot and have yet to check the fronts. I'm taking my quad to the shop to have the brakes done this morning... I'm NOT a DIY sort of guy.... I don't want to spend time working on my quad myself. I just want it to be ready to ride when the weekend gets here.

Is there a replacement brake pad that has better wear?? Or do I just have to go with the OEM pads? I'm not about to change my riding style.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took my quad in to have the rear brakes done yesterday... fronts were just fine. Was going to leave my quad, but dealer did the brakes while I waited. Spent my time on their showroom checking out all the new quads and annoying the sales people. Dealer carries Honda, Yami, Suzuki, Kawasaki and Can-Am, so there were plenty of quads to check out. Quad was done in no time... just about the time the sales people were ready to throw me out because I asked too many questions about this or that quad that they knew I wasn't going to buy. Dealer did my rear brakes for free... Said it should not have worn out so fast. Also cleaned my air filter... Turns out, it isn't supposed to be black with 1/4 inch of crud caked to the outside.

roadkill :tup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts