Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys i cant believe there is not a how to on this. how the hell do you check the rear pads on the trx700xx and how in hells name do you change them,:lmao:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Not sure haven't gotten there yet but there is a download for the manual on the site. I think in the how to section.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
I just looked at mine the other day. You can see them from the rear of the quad. From what I remember they were under under a plastic shroud. Just find the rotor and you'll find the brake pads. Should be something you can take apart without a manual but there is a free download of the manual on the forums here. Do a search for service manual or something along those lines.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I tried this as per manual by loosening the 12 mm bolt on the bottom right of the caliper but couldn't get the pads out so removed the caliper completely by removing the 2 allen key bolts on the left side of the caliper. These buggers were tight and the caliper comes out forwards under the frame rail and drop threw bottom of frame. If you havea rear skidplate you would have to remove this first. The pipe is long enough to drop down threw the lower frame rails and there is plenty of room to check ,change or clean caliper and pads. Only takes about 10 mins to do all that and fit back. Apply medium strength loctite to 2 allen key bolts on rebuild. :D

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Check it this way. If it squeals like a pig in heat, you know its time to change it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts