Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one out there have any problems with the rear bearing carriage the bushing in the front wearing out im having that just wondering if thats a common problem

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Are you talking about the bushing that the bolt goes thru for the whole rear assembly? Its up near the rear brake assembly? If so, then yes. And it is a pain in the DICK!!!!!! to change out. You pretty much have to dismantle everything. I am sure it has gone out on others. You can hear it when you roll a little bit backwards and hit the brakes, it brings the whole assembly up. Not a big deal really, just a noise nuisance.

·
Registered
369 Posts
does it make a clunk sound if so i am haveing that some problem

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Xrida, that is what I am talking about. Its a clunk when you put it in gear sometimes, or hit the brake when its rolling slowly is when you can hear it the best. It is a spacer in the back that has a bolt go through it, it is perfectly square spacer in the back that slides for when you adjust the chain and all that. Pain in the Arse to change! But when you first hear it, you think it is your gears.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Think I have a similar issue. Will it hurt anything to leave it with some movement?

On the ground or lifted up, in gear or out of gear if you grab both rear axles one in each hand and lift up there's about a 1/16 of play in the rear assembly front bolt/square spacer (bottom pg. 17-17). All bolts are tighten correctly.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I've ran mine like that for a very long while (500+) hours and didnt really have a problem. It's more of an annoyance really. I would replace it though if you have the means. It's a cheap part.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
That's good thinking. I replaced mine when I did my back brakes. But at the same time, I had the whole engine out and everything else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
old thread...but does anyone have the part # for this? Mine is doing the same thing, and I'm doing a bunch of maintenance this month but Im not sure which exct part you're talking about...

Is it the entire Carrier bearing?? Hope not, cheapest I could find was like $50 :(

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
old thread...but does anyone have the part # for this? Mine is doing the same thing, and I'm doing a bunch of maintenance this month but Im not sure which exct part you're talking about...

Is it the entire Carrier bearing?? Hope not, cheapest I could find was like $50 :(
Part # 41363-HP6-A00.Costs about $12.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
any one out there have any problems with the rear bearing carriage the bushing in the front wearing out im having that just wondering if thats a common problem
Bumping this old thread. I think my collar is shot now. I've read this awhile back and wonder'd how it wears out? But apparently it does. I haven't took mine apart yet but almost looks like it wore so much the one plate may even be missing? I will know more tomorrow, but looks like the plates are special order, err...:mad:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Instead of wasting money on the proper fix I used some electrical tape to make it a snug fit... Works perfectly fine for me.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Instead of wasting money on the proper fix I used some electrical tape to make it a snug fit... Works perfectly fine for me.
Interesting fix! Not sure how long ago you did this, but I can't see it lasting very long. I mean if there's enough movement/friction to wear the collar out, one would think tape would not last long. But maybe it absorbs the shock, and reduces the friction from being a "snug fit" idk?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think I have redone it once when I had it out for the bearing in the carrier, which I sadly could not fix with electrical tape lol, as far as I know without checking it is still fine after an entire summer of riding.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I replaced mine, and replaced the metal thingys that go either side.. Still slaps around so that was a waste of time !

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
So I guess I will be sure to wrap mine with tape, till there is no movement.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I replaced mine, and replaced the metal thingys that go either side.. Still slaps around so that was a waste of time !
thats easier said than done !
I wonder if the blot when slapping about has a hammering efect on the aluminium surround beating it wider ?

I'd say yes, from you saying yours still slaps around after replacing the collar and both plates. I have my parts but have not took it apart just yet.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Replaced my rear carrier collar and plates today. All nice and tight w/out any tape.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts