Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure which one is popping but when I start turning (specially when i'm moving it around on concrete - even pushing it around) the rears are popping. What do I need to fix/rebuild these? I'm pretty sure its the outside joints, but it might be inner and outer. Is it easier to just let the stealer do it?

TIA!

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I would check and make sure it's the cv's that are popping. See if the whole rear carrier is got play in it. I know of several guys that have had this problem. It's a pain to fix it.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would check and make sure it's the cv's that are popping. See if the whole rear carrier is got play in it. I know of several guys that have had this problem. It's a pain to fix it.
I'll check, but its pretty loud. I can almost hear it at the end of the shafts by the wheels. Going to Tennessee in July to ride and can't have any catastrophic failures.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no one else has had rear CV's popping?

·
Registered
8 Posts
im having problems with the rear end took to dealer they replaced right inner spline but when i got it home there is still a little play in the carrier back around the chain adjustment bolts is this a problem or normal

·
Registered
8 Posts
also the dealer replaced the rear bearing too but my question is why do i still have play the carrier should b tight just like when i bought it correct im affraid that the carrier is bad

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would think it should be tight. I've tracked my noise down to just being on the driverside shaft.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And now I can't get the right side shaft out...

·
Registered
99 Posts
While I am new the XX I can tell you my expeiances with popping C/Vs in my Rhino. Basicly the C/V balls ride in just a small area under normal duty, this will wear out a pocket or notch where they ride in the outter half of the C/V. In a Rhino there is 6 C/V balls but not all of them will wear equilly. It's generally in a well used or dry C/V that it happens. The pooping noise is the result of the ball moving out of these pockets under presure caused by torue when your turning on hard pack or cycling the suspention out of its normal range.

The only real fix is to replace the C/V. Cleaning and re-greasing the CV will help but you still have a worn CV.

I have some Rhino CVs I could take pictures of if it would help anyone visualize what I am talking about

hope this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts