Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, today i started switching my brothers 97 300ex swingarm with one off a junk 2001 400ex we have cause his was messed up. the rear shock off the 300 was too short for it to fit right on the 400 swingarm and the top of the 400 shock was too bulky to line up with the frame, but i think i can get it to fit. (eventually) any advice for my fitment issue? i put a front shock off the 400 on it and it fit, well, sorta but i really dont think its gonna work.

Thanks,

Garrett

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
The front shock wont work, it is not strong enough, you will probably blow it out pretty easily. Can you gring the top of the 400 rear shock down to fit? I never played w/ the 300ex's, so I am not sure what it all looks like.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Making the 400 rear shock work would be the best. If you can't, can you shorten the linkage on the 400 swingarm and use the 300 rear shock?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that looks like what my only two options are gonna be either shorten the linkage or grind it down. i can get the 300ex shock to fit on it but it'd crush the airbox on the first little bump that he hit, so thats out plus i think the 400ex shock would be a lot more comfortable.....

·
Registered
354 Posts
that looks like what my only two options are gonna be either shorten the linkage or grind it down. i can get the 300ex shock to fit on it but it'd crush the airbox on the first little bump that he hit, so thats out plus i think the 400ex shock would be a lot more comfortable.....

if all else fails, trash the airbox and get a pod filter and outerwear and go crazy on your jetting, people are nuts they think airboxes help in mud, well not when you fill them with mud, only time an airbox is good IMO is on a snorkeled atv, mine will be gone this winter...

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the help guys, i didn't get the chance to look at it today cause me and one of my friends went ridin all day but i'll probably be able to look into it more tomorrow

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok. one more problem i ran into. there is a lot of side to side movement at the front where the bolt goes through the frame connecting the swingarm to the frame. i think that there is supposed to be like a bushing there or something. any solutions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts