Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a wide rear grab bar installed with an aftermarket exhaust??

I bought a Moose Racing grab bar for mine, but it won't fit with my DG X2 slip-on. I guess the slip-on is a bit longer than the stock muffler. Apparently the grab bar was made for stock. So, I'll be returning it, but I was wondering if anyone else had any luck? It would definitely be nicer having a wide rear bar for if I get stuck in the sand or just pulling it around.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Had the same issue with PRM grab bar and 2Bros exhaust, just trim down the bar and works like a charm. Most exhaust companies uses the OEM grab bar for their specifications.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:\...Problem is, I'm kind of limited to what tools I have available to me. And I definitely don't have a Lowe's or Home Depot out this way. Any suggestions as far as retail goes? Another company perhaps?

Here's the one I have pictured on a Yamaha. My slip-on bumps into the handle on the right which doesn't allow me to align the screw holes. So I'm not sure how I would modify it to fit.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
how much of the pipe is contacting the bar, I used a dremel and basically trim the bar itself, the bar is not 100% but still strong enough to lift the bike.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aw man, I would have to pop it back on and measure to be sure, but would probably need a couple inches. I think I would end up trimming off that right handle completely. I tried to do some "fit and finish" on it before, but there's just no way it'll work right now. Of course, I hadn't thought to try and trim it because I can get my hands on a dremel tool.

·
Registered
375 Posts
You'll need a grab bar that is angled. I know Pro Armour has one but I haven't found it for sale anywhere yet.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I'll definitely check into that.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looked on the Pro Armor website. Doesn't look like they sell any of the angled grab bars for the 700xx. Guess I'll have to keep looking.

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh, good. Well, they don't expect them in until June so I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed, and keep looking in the meantime. If anyone else sees 'em anywhere, let me know.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm still waiting on the pro armor grab bar as well....Right now I have the AC Racing Standard Grab bar....the wide grab bar doesn't have a chance to fit unless it's angled with my HMF Bill Ballance Pipe!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good to know I'm not the only one out there with this problem.
If anyone else has any suggestions/fixes, I'm all ears!

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, Chris. They might actually be a viable option as well. I think I'll send them an email and ask about how their bars fit with aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Stock grab bar flag mount loose's Flags!!!!

I resently seen a Honda Racing grab bar at the Honda dealer in Coos Bay. It was made out of 1 1/4 " aluminum and very sturdy. Although I can't remember if it would hit on a longer then stock pipe. Now for the story of why!! The POS stock grab bar flag mount is only welded on one side. Hence with a firestick flag wiggling around it breaks the mount tab clean off at the weld leaving a hole. Took a whole 4 days of riding for the origional to break. Got it replaced on warrenty and the second broke after two days. Unbelieveable. Can't find the Honda racing one online anywhere. Guess its a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I resently seen a Honda Racing grab bar at the Honda dealer in Coos Bay. It was made out of 1 1/4 " aluminum and very sturdy. Although I can't remember if it would hit on a longer then stock pipe. Now for the story of why!! The POS stock grab bar flag mount is only welded on one side. Hence with a firestick flag wiggling around it breaks the mount tab clean off at the weld leaving a hole. Took a whole 4 days of riding for the origional to break. Got it replaced on warrenty and the second broke after two days. Unbelieveable. Can't find the Honda racing one online anywhere. Guess its a trip to the dealer.
Is the Honda Racing one the same square shape as stock? Or is it a wide grab bar?

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is the Honda Racing one the same square shape as stock? Or is it a wide grab bar?
It is square, but larger diameter pipe 1 1/4 as compaired to the stock 7/8. The good news it will work with a aftermarket pipe. Got mine on order today, expensive but I really liked what I saw in Coos Bay.
$99.00

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts