Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
The only thing that will fit is the fronts from the 450R. They will fit on the front or rear of the XX.

The rear of the XX is a PITA when it comes to wheel and tire combos..........

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ok fair enough, do you believe for something like Finke Desert Race that running fronts on the rear is an advantage?
NO.......!.........the best tires for Finke would be the new KENDAS. Some people use the narrow tyres for desert as they say they are more stable at speed. That may (or may not) be true for them but the XX is heavier than most sports quads so it needs a bigger foot print. Also at Finke the bull dust can get so thick and deep that you will need the widest tyres possible to try and sit on top of it rather than cut through it to try and find hard ground.

I hope that helps......

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah it does hopefully will be able to do it next year. I already have a 11'' razr's for the rear (won them) and rzr2's for the front and have a set of OMF beadlocks same as Smithy's i think. Are you doing safari this year?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yeah it does hopefully will be able to do it next year. I already have a 11'' razr's for the rear (won them) and rzr2's for the front and have a set of OMF beadlocks same as Smithy's i think. Are you doing safari this year?
You won some RAZR's.......:tup:..........use them for the year and do the race on the Kendas. Smitty tore up the MAXXIS and punchured them on Day 1.:tdown: the KENDAS weren't available.

Not doin Safari this year as I dont have the funds or the quad. My XX isn't anyware near ready. I will be helping Smitty and PeteW get there XX ready though, lots to do with custom alloy tanks and navigation tower.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts