Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if there is a way to take out some of the re-coil on the rear shocks over bumps/woops? i almost get bucked off if i hit them too fast or hard, even hanging over the back going over them. it seems that with less rebound (extension time) it would be better. i would like to leave them stock if possible. adding nitrogen or something? i have tightened the rear springs a little would cranking them all the way down help?

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Our stock shocks are crap with the only adjustment being pre-load. This is why I upgraded my shocks to Elka. I can adjust my rebound so I don't get bucked around. Good shocks make a world of difference... once you learn how to adjust them for what, that is. As far as I know, there really isn't a way to "fix" crappy shocks.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
http://www.elkasuspension.com/?q=node/19

You can also look at the other stage options, this is for the stage 2 shocks.
The Elka stage 2 only comes as a piggy back and that won't work for our rear... you'd need remote rezzies. I have stage 2 plus compression fronts (not offered anymore) and stage 3 rears (also not offered anymore) I paid something like $2,300.00 for my setup direct from Elka (Did I give you a heart attack yet?)

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Would stage 1 elka shocks in the front and stage 2 in the rear be good
Stage 1+R would be better for the front... But, you can't use Stage 2 on the rear as they only come as a piggy back rezzie. The rear of our quad doesn't have room where the piggy back rezzies would need to go. The only kind of rezzie that fits would be a remote rezzie type. Excerpt from Elka catalog in attachment. For the front, the DS450 shock would be better than a basic stage 1 Elka shock. Note: Slight mod to upper eyelet needs to be done to DS450 shock.

roadkill

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is there any stock shocks from other bikes that would be better than what we have front or rear without having a heart attack looking at the price or giving an arm or leg to buy them?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
There's a few for the front ,I'll find some threads on the subject. If you are having problems with the rears ,then kinda guessing ,200lbs+ ish in rider weight ?

·
Registered
446 Posts
ROFL yea KEVIN u fat ass....

Fronts - DS450 Shocks Rears- I don't know

·
Registered
446 Posts
For the record, klund is 145lb wet, I'm the 210lb friend lol. Thanks for the laughs Baxter =D

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
For the record, klund is 145lb wet, I'm the 210lb friend lol. Thanks for the laughs Baxter =D
Then he is not you're average rider of a xx and kinda guessing he is faster than you ?

He needs aftermarket shocks in any shape,way or form. No OEM shock will do , The spring rates will be wrong , especially for the rears.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.