Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I built a little reverse trike out of Honda CRF230L and a 400ex, and I have a stabilizer bar from a 700XX that I want to install, but I would like to see a photo of how the OEM setup looks on the 700xx before I fab something to make it work.

I'll share my photos if somone can take a nice close up of how the 700XX sway bar installs...:D

thanks guys! :thanks:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do the channels in the mounting bracket do? Is there a track it fits in when it bolts to the frame? Just wondering if I need to incorperate this when i built my mounting bracket?
Perhaps its just to let water through?

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
There is a round section in the frame where the curved part of the poly bushing goes into.
Then the square part of the bushing goes into the bracket. Like in the first picture.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is a round section in the frame where the curved part of the poly bushing goes into.
Then the square part of the bushing goes into the bracket. Like in the first picture.
You are a good man! Thanks for the fast replys!

I've been thinking about getting a 700xx...how do you like yours?

I've heard some engine reliability issues (oil starvation and engine failuire)...is this common or just a 2008 thing? Are the 2009's any different

I thought this motor was based on the bullet proof XR650R?

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
It is a really awesome bike. The motor shares some stuff from the xr650r. The XX has a different head design. I haven't heard of any motor problems. I have a 08 and it runs perfect all the time. The 08's and 09's are the same. Just different color options for 09. These bikes have won the baja 1000 every year since it came out. Much like the xr650r did.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The Duke is bad ass, I agree! The orange one in the photo is my brothers, but I get to ride it all the time.

I like your all black duke...very mean!

Did you do the 2nd gear mod (to allow full throttle in 2nd gear)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts