Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've almost worn out my stock tires and im in the market for some new ones. I know the front tires are an easy find but the back ones are still a pain in the butt. I ride a lot of trails with the 4x4s so of course there is a lot of mud. the stock tires did good going through the mud when they had good thread but now they dont. I was looking into getting something that will pull good in the mud but that i can still play around on. I found some ITP Mud Lite AT ATV Tires that are 24x9-11 but im worried about them rubbing and still being able to play with them (donuts, wheelies, etc). ive seen a few people on here that have kenda bear claws too. If theres any other tire that would be good for mud and trails but still kind of an all around tire, any advice is appreciated and accepted!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I do the same type of riding, muddy/rocky/hillclimb. I went with Mudlites 24X10X11 in the rear. LOVE THEM. I weight about 185 and the rear tires will rub every once in a while but nothing major and I can't even see where they are rubbing on the heal guards. My biggest suggestion for rear tires is go once inch wider for sure. It will save your rims. I originally bought the 24X9X11 and tore my rims up so I got rid of them. Another suggestion is the Maxis Razr 2 fronts. I love mine. They are 6ply(just like the mud lites) and hook up great without loading with mud and becoming slicks. I went with 23X7X10 for a little extra clearance and it made the handling 100% better. Hope this helps. Here's a pic of mine.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts