Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone! i just bought my 700xx and after riding it while it was really wet and sloppy came to the conclusion i need new rear tires, i do mostly trail riding, i would like to go wider than the stock 9" an read that the only tires available in our rim size are the kenda kutter an the razr, so i will buy 10" rims if i have to. i was looking at the kenda bear claws or the duro mud and sand tire, would the bear claws being 12" wide be to wide for our machine? anyone use either of them? i want a aggressive rear tire, something good in all terrians thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Bearclaws fit the 11" rim too

·
Premium Member
71 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
The above link has nothing for the stock 11" rear rim. From what I've herd they are just as good as the Razr 2's at almost 1/2 the price. Wish they had them in 11's...

·
Registered
821 Posts
I wouldn't overlook the kutters so fast. They are a very good tire and only let me down once, but that was in a reall deep mud hole and deserved to be stuck.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I wouldn't overlook the kutters so fast. They are a very good tire and only let me down once, but that was in a reall deep mud hole and deserved to be stuck.
that must of been on one of them drunken days out on the trail!!!!! been there an dun that!!:xx:

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
I love my Kutter's and glad I got them before the price hike!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i've done alot of reading in the forums an everyone has good things to say about the kutters, i wanted to go wider on the rear thats why i was thinking bear claws or mudlites, is their any point in me going wider? also will the bear claws perform better than the kutters while trail riding, whats better in mud? i also ride in sand but rarely enough to go buy sand tires, an also snow, which tire is a good all around tire. im almost tempted to just try out the kutters from all the good things i've read about them but want the best tire for what i do

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have had a couple different quads and have had mudlites on one (SRA bike) and now I have the Kutters on my XX. I remember the mudlights as being a great trail tire, doing basically whatever I needed, however I think that the kutters are even better. They are pretty light (mudlites are heavy), grip almost everywhere, slide well, and are generally amazing value. I run mine at 7 psi and that works for just about anything I throw at it.
Also, the kutters just look great on the XX because they are a sport tire, whereas a big set of mudlites looks sorta out of place on a quick and nimble bike like the XX (just my opinion). The hivemind on this forum loves the kutters and for good reason.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts