Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
I used plugs on a set of my fronts, they have done well so far, but the backs I would worry because of the rear tire spinning and pulling them out.

For peace of mind, I would get another tire or another full set. The reason I say that is that it's a pretty big deal when I finally get a chance to go out and ride and having to deal with that after all it took for me to get to where I'm going just to be sidelined by a tire issue.

I bring a full set of extra rims and tires with me for that same very reason. (just ask BDR455 - he can vouch) Now I realize everyone doesn't have an extra set lying around, but my point is how far I go to not have a sucky ride, and tire plugs failing would make it suck for sure.

Club | 700 | xx

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
I don't know if I would call it a ticking time bomb.

I've been on mine for a long, long time and only needed one plug because I wasn't running enough pressure in a rocky area. Oh and I bent a rear rim, but not horribly bad hitting a 6 inch rock "step" at high speeds. Didn't slit the tire or pinch the sides though.

I've been on mine in virtually every environment that you can imagine except sub-zero temps.

Club | 700 | xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts