Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well been working on the beast lately since the weather has been so cold all month long. Got my Houser Stem and Pro Taper bars installed, that went smoothly the only thing was inverting the tie rod ends and having to re-adjust the toe.

Did a little custom work to get the stock dash to fit over the Houser clamp. Also see the Tusk gas cap :).

Next I installed the Alba Pro Elite nerf bars. I had been holding out on getting nerf bars, but they are a safety device and they make it look more racey (if that's a word). The front part bolted up fine, but I had to use a C-clamp to get the back mounts under the pegs.

(Man these close-ups make it look old and dirty...)

Also put on a DG GNCC Type II bumper. I was told they have been discontinued, and they only had the polished ones left so I just ordered it and had it powdercoated locally.

The following pics also show the new 22" RAZRs on black ITP rims on the front, and I painted the stock rear rims black to match.

Now to quit writing a novel about it and go ride!:nuts:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Looks sweet, how did you get the dash to fit on the fat bars?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks sweet, how did you get the dash to fit on the fat bars?
I used a Dremel to cut away the 7/8" clamps from the bottom of the dash flush with the plastic grid. Then cut away the corner support moldings to fit and center over the Houser clamp. I used a coat hanger wire across through the grid and large zip ties to tie it down to the bar. Kind of hard to explain without pictures, I can send some if you want.

·
Registered
538 Posts
looks good bud, black rims is duh shiz! thanks for the pics

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
RED IS FASTER......haha. Looks pretty sweet.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haven't ridden since putting everything on, hoping to soon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Awesome work on your bike,look's Great,good pic's:xx:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used a Dremel to cut away the 7/8" clamps from the bottom of the dash flush with the plastic grid. Then cut away the corner support moldings to fit and center over the Houser clamp. I used a coat hanger wire across through the grid and large zip ties to tie it down to the bar. Kind of hard to explain without pictures, I can send some if you want.
i got the same bar and i just pushed it on really hard works just find. stays on even if u flip it again.....

·
Registered
377 Posts
The graphic's realy change the look. Sweet Ride!

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Damn looking good Aaron! You will like the reduced bumpsteer from the houser stem. I toed mine in a little after talking to Hosracn and Baxter. It turns better now and slides out easier. I haven't put my l8ton sway bar on yet but I think yours will handle really good. Now to get rid of those front shocks! I think yours are pretty shot!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i notice in ur pic u put the tie rod ends on upsidedown...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
ahh ic

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I now have my stabilizer installed too. I had to order a new smaller stem clamp and linkage to work with the Houser stem. I've had this stabilizer for over two years now, had it on my old Raptor and moved it to the XX. This should work great with the new stem!:hey:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Damn looks good. When did you put the graphics on/where did you get the graphics from?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts