Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What color 700 do you have Red/Black or Grey/Black?

How does the black hold up with showing scratches. I am liking the look of the Grey/Black. :)

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Grey/Black = Scratches

·
Registered
217 Posts
Red/Black = Scratches too. Have one of each and they are about the same.:hey:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
i have red/black and as far as i can tell holds up about the same as all black. i have an all black 400ex and its got quite a few scratches mostly from branches hanging across trails. they all get scratched sooner or later. i try to be a little more careful on my 700xx . new plastic isnt cheap!

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Black/Grey, not too bad yet but I have only had it for a month or so. I already bought another set of "Honda" front and rear fenders. Just in case I roll it over and crack the plastic. Got them both for 80.00 plus shipping on Ebay. They got a few scuffs on the side already but they are better then cracked plastic. It does seem to me that black is going to be a hard color to keep looking nice for a long period of time.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
The black/gray ones or faster :-/

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
CRT Racing,
Red/Black with scratches. The leading edges of the back fenders really catch rocks and sand. My big feet manage to scuff the "gull-wing" type fenders on the rear also. Machine is one year old (43.5 Hrs).:eek:hno:
Sid

·
Registered
626 Posts
black and grey had a few scratches on it however i put a amr sticker kit on it and they are lasting great no scratches so far

·
Registered
199 Posts
grey on black, not scratched any worse than my wifes red 250ex.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Red and Black- add decals to prevent scratches

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Sell all plastics and buy white ones.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Sell all plastics and buy white ones.
Thats my plan!

I have red/black, didn't have a choice as that is all the dealer had. My experiance with black plastic is it looks good when you first put it on, but after you ride it for the first time is goes downhill fast. Years ago I bought all black plastic for my 250R, I told myself I would never do that again, to bad I had no choice with my 700XX.

I have found white holds up real well, so my 700XX will eventually get white plastics.

Doug

·
Registered
528 Posts
maximum makes something they call"new bike in a can" it a plastic wax, spray on and let sit for 30 min then wipoe off, it makes the scratches shine and much less noticable, ill post before and after pics next time i do a clean up of the bike, it also makes water and mud bead right off.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
maximum makes something they call"new bike in a can" it a plastic wax, spray on and let sit for 30 min then wipoe off, it makes the scratches shine and much less noticable, ill post before and after pics next time i do a clean up of the bike, it also makes water and mud bead right off.
Who and where can I get this from ?
Would be good to try for the British weather were having at the moment.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts