Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people would like to not have to use their clutch!? No more stalling... no more feathering... no more clutch! Just put it in gear and go!

http://www.rekluse.com makes that exact kind of clutch, but I dont see the 700xx on their list of Hondas. In fact all they have listed is the 450r.

a. any chance we share the same clutch?

b. how many people are going to write rekluse asking them to make us one????!!!!!

http://www.rekluse.com/zstartpro.shtml

·
Registered
425 Posts
I would really need to try one before i commit....but yah im kinda interested.

of course after my stocker explodes......

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I personally like the use of a clutch. You have so much more control over your power that way.

·
Registered
243 Posts
My friend has a rekluse clutch on his kfx450 and it is pretty nice. I road it before it was installed and after and didn't notice a difference in power. It is deffinitely more manly to say "I like feathering the clutch",but it sure is nice when you are in that real technical stuff to work the gas only.

·
Registered
445 Posts
A friend has tested these things in race and rec riding and says they work very well. He has decided not to continue using it as it does have its draw backs.

Constant maintenence and adjustment; you cant roll start (coz the clutch wont engage) if your batt runs flat.

·
Registered
984 Posts
There is a provision to maintain the clutch lever for manual override similar to Honda's Sportclutch on the 250EX. I personally would keep it full manual. I was looking to put one of these on our DVX for the wife before she and the kid switched machines.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is a provision to maintain the clutch lever for manual override similar to Honda's Sportclutch on the 250EX. I personally would keep it full manual. I was looking to put one of these on our DVX for the wife before she and the kid switched machines.
Yep! I have an 08' 250ex... that thing is pretty fun cause you can't stall it!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have emailed them about it also! The engine on the TRX 700 XX is taken from the XR 650 and then rebuilt for this quad. Alot of the parts are similar but there´s a huge difference at the same time. When i look at the pdf´s of the 2 machines clutches they are very similar and i think it would be possible to get the XR Recluse in there with minor mods. Personally i want it for the really technical forestriding i do but elsewhere i don´t need one. Let´s see what answer they will give me!! :)

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I have just been on Hinson's website. The fibre plates and springsin the 700xx clutch are the same as : CR500R , CRF450X,CRF450R and shock horror,TRX450R. Tried finding the same steel plates,but no luck. If I can find out what Honda uses the same steel plates ,Then we can find out what aftermarket clutch parts we can use.
Going to take both clutches out and compare.(450r and 700xx) Let you know at the weekend.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have just been on Hinson's website. The fibre plates and springsin the 700xx clutch are the same as : CR500R , CRF450X,CRF450R and shock horror,TRX450R. Tried finding the same steel plates,but no luck. If I can find out what Honda uses the same steel plates ,Then we can find out what aftermarket clutch parts we can use.
Going to take both clutches out and compare.(450r and 700xx) Let you know at the weekend.
That's good news!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
The differance between the steel plates in the clutch , Is the thickness.
CRF/450r are roughly 1.5 mm thick
700xx is roughly 2mm thick.
The pressure plate is similar. The 700xx is just alot more beefy.
The inner hub is same spline in centre,but deeper to take 2mm steel plates.
The clutch springs are the same. Same color coding,Pink.
I can post pictures later ,If you want . I also found a problem.
See "clang in bottom of motor" for this.
A 450r clutch could be fitted without too much work.This would allow Hinson and Barnett clutch components to be fitted. An upgrade to stock.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The differance between the steel plates in the clutch , Is the thickness.
CRF/450r are roughly 1.5 mm thick
700xx is roughly 2mm thick.
The pressure plate is similar. The 700xx is just alot more beefy.
The inner hub is same spline in centre,but deeper to take 2mm steel plates.
The clutch springs are the same. Same color coding,Pink.
I can post pictures later ,If you want . I also found a problem.
See "clang in bottom of motor" for this.
A 450r clutch could be fitted without too much work.This would allow Hinson and Barnett clutch components to be fitted. An upgrade to stock.
I'd REALLY like one of those rekluse clutches, but i have no idea of anything you just talked about. I know there are multiple discs but that's about it. What exactly would have to be changed to run the TRX450 clutch?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
The Rekluse clutch should fit. In my opinion though ,I would not fit this to a stock 700xx clutch basket. The last plate in the clutch fits inbetween the basket forks.It is simialar design to the 650r,But there is more strain on a quad clutch than a 2 wheeler. I am going to speak to a few people and see what alternative there might be.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts