Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday me and a buddy went for a short ride after work. I was riding through a muddy/clay trail sliding all over the place, came upon a huge rutt and put tires on both sides of it, the clay is so slick i slid the front left down into the rut, the back grabbed the mud and pushed me up a wall, I ended up on my back under the quad. I wasn't hurt and it was actually pretty slow motion but scared the hell out of me. I couldn't push the damn quad off me with my hands and my leg was stuck under it. I finally was able to kick it off me.

Quad and rider undamaged but it will be memorable.

The other thing I found out which most of you probably know is there is a safety sensor on the quad. If you go upside down it won't let you restart the bike until you either turn the key off or hit the kill switch. It died immediately once I flipped over and when I got back on it woldn't start until I did this.

Fun times. I wish it would stop raining here.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah, its mudy here too...hate it, i just wanna ride once without having to wear goggles

glad your ok though !!

·
Registered
354 Posts
so you guys lived through sand and mud, do you think i'll come back from pa alive when i flip it on coal ???

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My buddy Scott was ahead of me but by the time he realized something was wrong and got back with his camera I managed to get upright again. It is amazing, however, that one of the first things that popped into my head was "where the hell is my gopro".

Even at slow speeds I am sore as hell all over today.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ok..so it's 500 damp...

·
Registered
152 Posts
What about moist? How much is it then?

:p
:funny: I thought moist leaned toward the wet side of the liquid spectrum, so 502.5?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Yesterday me and a buddy went for a short ride after work. I was riding through a muddy/clay trail sliding all over the place, came upon a huge rutt and put tires on both sides of it, the clay is so slick i slid the front left down into the rut, the back grabbed the mud and pushed me up a wall, I ended up on my back under the quad. I wasn't hurt and it was actually pretty slow motion but scared the hell out of me. I couldn't push the damn quad off me with my hands and my leg was stuck under it. I finally was able to kick it off me.

Quad and rider undamaged but it will be memorable.

The other thing I found out which most of you probably know is there is a safety sensor on the quad. If you go upside down it won't let you restart the bike until you either turn the key off or hit the kill switch. It died immediately once I flipped over and when I got back on it woldn't start until I did this.

Fun times. I wish it would stop raining here.

at least ur ok and the quad... fyi the xx is 505 wet not dry..

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts