Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm living back in New York again. So I am in desperate need of a remote car starter before winter gets here. Does anybody know of any good brands I should look for. I need one for my truck and one for the old lady's car. Any help would be appreciated.8)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Viper or Autopage are the only ones I'd get.

And even then it has to be one of the ones with the two way remotes that have like 1 mile range.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Where in NY are you living? And what are you putting them on? IE Ford. Chevy. Manual or Auto?

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
This is what I have on my Suburban. Works great, range is okay 1/4 mile but you gotta love the 2 way remotes. I mean how many times do you wonder if you remember if you locked you door or not. And you have to walk back out and check, with 2 way you just look at remote. Plus with the 2way it sends you a sound when someone bumps your truck, or lets you know if door or hood is opened, and all kinds of stuff, like temp inside vehical and more than i know.

The Viper 5501 says 1 mile, but the price tag, on it is crazy. And I'm not sure, but just looks like a remote starter. And if your in NY you need alarm too! I see the models 5901 and 5902 have security but 6 to 8 hundred. Im sure there great systems, they say you get what you pay for. The Avital works good for me at a fraction of the price I see on the vipers. I do have a Viper secuity system only on my Firebird. It was installed by some hacks, back when Circuit City was around.

http://www.avital.com/products/Product.aspx?id=5000

1 - 4 of 4 Posts