1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yeah, they are fast, but just dont hit or clip anything with the fornt end... the frames bend easily.

Some people cut them open and slide square stock into it... Other than that, they are great.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The Renegade is the fastest stock quad in 300ft in production. From a dead stop it'll destroy, it loses it's spunk in the midrange and top due to the CVT. I have the x model and wouldn't trade it for anything other than another one which should be here any day now.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yeah, they are fast, but just dont hit or clip anything with the fornt end... the frames bend easily.

Some people cut them open and slide square stock into it... Other than that, they are great.
A lot of the frame issues I don't think the owner tells the full story. I've gone through 3 CanAm's with over 50k with no issues. Mind you I've had Ricochet skid's on them all. You start hitting and rolling shit with 700 plus pounds you're going to bend something.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I know I had a customer that had a roundtrack prepped 727cc Raptor and it traded wins with a turbo'd 800 in 400ft. There was no clear cut winner. Other than that thats the only experience I have with em.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yeah, on all the forums, the ricochet skids seemed to be a must... I really wanted one, did a lot of reading and decided to hold off a little while and see what happens some more with the frame thing.

They look evil, thats for sure!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I wish they were a little lighter. 200lbs lighter and a 6 speed. It would be an absolute monster.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
chrij what bars are you using ?

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
dammit man, What kinda stock HP they have?

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
They are a powerful, somewhat unique machine. If I was leaning towards a Utility quad, I may go that route. I don't understand why anyone cares whose quad is faster in a straight line drag, especially when a Raptor or an XX has more power than you would ever need. I guess if all you do is drag race, then it is important...not my thing.

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They are a powerful, somewhat unique machine. If I was leaning towards a Utility quad, I may go that route. I don't understand why anyone cares whose quad is faster in a straight line drag, especially when a Raptor or an XX has more power than you would ever need. I guess if all you do is drag race, then it is important...not my thing.
I dont think its just about the power but my hubby Mike did say he would have more power than me (but we are two different riders,cautious versus aggressive) so the power is a waste in some hands. :lmao:I think it is quite unique like a hybrid...gives you both utility and sport in one. I still would pick mine over the can am due to the fact its an automatic... having all that power and not being able to control it yourself is like having a corvette in an automatic :eek:hno:

but I wish I could do this with my XX... without having to be towed thru it!:hey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPQ8MUSyzyc[/yt]

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I like the Renegade. I have limited seat time on utility quads as a whole as well as limited time on a Renegade. But to me, the Renegade is a sporty utility quad, not a 4x4 sport quad. They definitely handle better than a Grizzly in that you can ride them much more aggressively, but they are a HUGE machine. I love my XX for where and how I ride. When I am ready to go the auto/4x4 route, I will look long and hard at the Renegade. I will say one thing, the Renegade is the coolest sounding quad I have ever heard, especially when they are piped. That rumble is friggin' sweet!

·
Registered
268 Posts
My only problems with them is the weight and belts. I'm not sold on their reliability yet either. But they are very badass machines.

·
Registered
375 Posts
My only problems with them is the weight and belts. I'm not sold on their reliability yet either. But they are very badass machines.
16700km on original belt and brakes. No warranty issues either. I maintain my toys though.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Looks to me like he did pretty good against a 800 V twin 4x4 with only the big 3.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts