Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got these from cycle gear. Mine bent. Cost was $90. I could have got them $20 cheaper on Ebay but wanted to ride and didn't want to wait. These are Raptor 660, 7/8 bars. They are an inch wider than stock. I needed to trim the plastic light mount 1/8" to clip it back on because the bends are closer where the bar monuts to the stem..

·
Registered
667 Posts
Renthal makes good bars, I had a set till I bent my stem, went t 1 1/8" bars and a houser stem. I just put the renthals on a LT-R450 and the still work great! You will love the CCP Damper, we have one on the orange bike and a precision on the red one and they are so close you could not tell the differance. I would reccomend you wait in the shocks and get stage 3 at least. Make sure you want to stay with stock a arms before you order, the stock geometry shock will not work with a long travel front end set up. You would have to buy new shocks at that time. I would reccomend looking at the Houser set up, you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Renthal makes good bars, I had a set till I bent my stem, went t 1 1/8" bars and a houser stem. I just put the renthals on a LT-R450 and the still work great! You will love the CCP Damper, we have one on the orange bike and a precision on the red one and they are so close you could not tell the differance. I would reccomend you wait in the shocks and get stage 3 at least. Make sure you want to stay with stock a arms before you order, the stock geometry shock will not work with a long travel front end set up. You would have to buy new shocks at that time. I would reccomend looking at the Houser set up, you will not be disappointed.
I would like to get the Housers but lot's of $$$. I'm thinking These :

TRX700XX Upper A-arms (stock replacement)

The Teixeira Tech Stock Replacement Upper A-arm Kit has been engineered to allow camber and castor adjustments while still retaining the stock lower a-arms. Teixeira Tech A-arms are constructed with quality TIG welded Chromoly in a precision built jig and topped off with a powedercoat finish for the upmost in fitment and durability.
and the stage 1 Elka front, houser stem and rebuilt rears. Total around $1250. vs $4500 for stage 3s and longer arms.

What exactly do longer a-arms do? More shock travel? If I ever do race it will be strictly for fun. I don't know how to justify a $5000 suspension and steering set up for the riding I do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts