Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried replacing the rear hubs with ones with a bolt 4/110 bolt pattern? Seeing how the 700xx has a similar rear setup to the Rincon, would the rear hubs from the Rincon fit the 700xx? If they did, I would think finding replacement wheel would be a lot easier. I have access to a Rincon and may try to talk the owner into letting me borrow his machine for a little trial and error, but thought I would ask if anyone has tried it first. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, I tried rear hubs from a Rincon and an IRS Rubicon. The Rincon hubs (second picture) are quite bit different and will not work. The Rubicon hubs are very similar and may work with a little machining. Not sure if you can tell by the picture, the inside is machined slightly different with more of a taper to the splines, also the outside is 0.5mm longer. After tightening the center nut with the Rubicon hubs, there is slight play, feels like the spindle bearing is just starting to go bad. I'm tempted to order a new hub and have the machinist at work put it in the mill and modify it so its similar to the 700xx hub. So that's my R&D for the weekend. If I go any farther with this, I'll keep you updated. I'm really hoping this will work so finding rear rims will be much easier. Too bad someone out there doesn't make a replacement hub with a 4/110 bolt pattern, could probably make some money.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, I apparently didn't do enough research on this forum before posting any of this. I read a bunch on rims and rim sizes that work with the stock rear hubs, but didn't think to see if anyone found another hub that bolts right up. It looks like the 2009 Rancher IRS hubs fit with no modification. I will be ordering these soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did this swap a few years back, be prepared, it will make the rear end significantly wider! I sit at 54” +/- at rear wheels which can affect your options for hauling. Before and after swapping hubs/rims/tires

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im not worried about width. These hubs, for now, would just be used with street tires. The rancher hubs are the same part number as my Rubicon which when I put on the other day, didn't seem to fit without slop. I will have to try them again, I'm thinking maybe I ran out of threads and need another washer to take up some space? Will have to try again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts