Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I'd be interested in an answer as well. I do remember a post where it was mentioned something about a rev limiter in 5th gear taking timing away and a fix to that, but the fix was not disclosed... or something of that nature anyway.

How about it guys... anyone know the answer? Give us DETAILS if you do.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
A rev box allows the rpm to go higher and usually has a different timing curve. There's none officially released as of yet.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Just a question... Why would you want to rev it higher when the power starts dropping off well before the stock limiter?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
These are usually used on built motors. The ignition curve is changed so that it benefits the higher rpms characteristics of cams increasing rpm potential. You can see in my dyno below how the power curve is pretty straight across, If I were to add a Rev box it would make more power and increase with rpm

(Disregard the Blue, it was a pull through the gears. The red was a fourth gear pull)

·
Registered
537 Posts
No I totally understand the benefit of using one on a built engine. I've used them on built Mustang's, BMW's, and a few race bikes. But most people don't build their engines and put it on the as delivered from Honda engine. Is there a benefit (doubtful) on a stock engine or is it just for bragging purposes?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
If the ignition isn't set to radical you would benefit a little from it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a question... Why would you want to rev it higher when the power starts dropping off well before the stock limiter?
I guess I should have stated I plan on dropping some $$ on the big 3 and then go from there. I am just assuming once I get it opened up a little it will start bumping the rev limiter. I could be wrong....was just curious.:nuts:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
any chance a 450 and 700 cdi's are the same???

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
The plugs or not the same on the 450

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
damn them all my chevy parts transfer from truck to truck what cant it be the same with quads.lol
and a cut and splice of plugs wouldnt be a good idea huh

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
The ignition map for the 450 would not be optimum for the XX. I believe the 450r turns 1100RPM, You wouldn't want to spin the XX that much.

·
Registered
667 Posts
The parts store will love it! @ 11,000, are you talking about a diesel???? LOL I know I know damn Iphone! lol

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
ok yeah i see your point the 450s are a fast turning engine and that would be bad for the xx. guess were just gonna have to wait and see

·
Registered
667 Posts
that didn't make sence the way I put it, you put 1100rpm that is the diesel comment, the 11,000 would shake the 700 apart!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Your gonna have to sink major cash into a XX engine for it to make good power past the stock limiter. Not sure on why your wanting more than 9k RPM.

·
Registered
667 Posts
8500 Bo.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Your gonna have to sink major cash into a XX engine for it to make good power past the stock limiter. Not sure on why your wanting more than 9k RPM.

Could you explain, Just curious as to what your thoughts are on it.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
that didn't make sence the way I put it, you put 1100rpm that is the diesel comment, the 11,000 would shake the 700 apart!
It wasn't the iPhone this time, I goofed. Like you said though, I meant 11,000RPM

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.