Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figured out how to get the reverse lever mounted on the bars yet. I see there are a couple of manufactures athat make hot start levers, could this work? Would you have to get a custom cable made?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to get the reverse lever mounted on the bars yet. I see there are a couple of manufactures athat make hot start levers, could this work? Would you have to get a custom cable made?
Yep do a search there is a thread in here somewhere, I believe it was Duravette that did it.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I did as well. For me, it worked good for a little bit but then the cable started hanging up and sticking. I had the cable made by pro motion. I think they used too thick of a cable but I ended up going back to the stock set up

·
Registered
734 Posts
The DRD reverse lever is very popular with us raptor owners, maybe give them a call?

·
Registered
821 Posts
I am working on a lever that replaces ebrake that should be able to be pulled with 1 finger to go into reverse. Ill try to get some pics tonight.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The Dr D lever works good. That's what I had. It was the cable that didn't work out so good. I have the lever if someone wanted to buy it

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
one of our members blkcruzer done it about 2 or 3 years ago he did a write up on it in the how too section yull have look it up in search

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah I did it, required some light mods but wasn't too bad.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produ...skuId=574669&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse

That is the Factory Effex Kit I used for the lever, it just replaces the cap on the brake resivour.

For the cable I went to my local bicylce shop and got a tandem bicycle cable that was about 10 feet long and had a barrel on one end for the hot start lever. I also bought a length of bulk cable cover and the metal ends they put on the cable.

Lastly you have to modify the cam on the motor, it is U shaped and you have to cut off the extra so it is a flat plate and install a bicycle brake bolt with a hole through it to adjust the cable.

Here are some more pics.
http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3020
look at the last two pictures on the first post.

Overall it was an awesome mod and I have not had to adjust in the 2.5 years that I have had this mod

1 - 8 of 8 Posts