Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my 700 out in the woods for the first time today and man, it was muuuudy!!! Im definitley going to invest in the 13T sproket as stock it def could use a lower first gear for the technical trails.

I found myself using reverse quite a bit as the trails were quite muddy, but reverse was about useless if I wasnt ridding the clutch. It seemed if i tried to put some power to the wheels in reverse the rev limiter kicked in and and made the bike jump all over the place (couldnt find a happy medium). Im sure the 13T sprocket will help but was wondering if anyone else has had this similar problem?

My 700 is stock other than two bros exhaust and juice box (which might have something to do with the choppy throttle in reverse)

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
It's actually a speed limiter, Just bypass it.

·
Registered
551 Posts
It's actually a speed limiter, Just bypass it.

How do u do this smooth? I would love to know, it pisses me off(reverse limiter).

Thanks for any info on this!

·
Registered
46 Posts
good to know thanks scuzz i wanted to bypass mine today bad. i was up in the snow and let the clutch out and it hit the limiter right away kinda stupid:eek:hno:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Thanks Scuzz I'll check mine out to see if i can find the wire. Dont really care if it has a reverse light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i unplugged the red wire right by the shifter and got nothing are you sure it was the red wire there is another wire there too just dont want to umplug anymore wires right there untill i find out what the right one is thanks

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I'm not near my quad but I remember it being a wire you had to cut due to there not being a near by plug, Wasn't it yellow scuzz?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just an idea: Cut the wire, then run it to a switch mounted where you can reach while riding that you have to hold to bypass it. kind of like the reverse overide button on the polaris scrambler.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'm not near my quad but I remember it being a wire you had to cut due to there not being a near by plug, Wasn't it yellow scuzz?
So which is it guys? Not had a chance to see for myself yet. Like to know b4 I just unhook or cut anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ok if you look right by the shifter on the engine case there are two wires one is red and is the neutral wire and the other is for the reverse limiter if yours have tape on them like mine did just look on the case they are marked n and r so just unplug r and your ready to go and make sure to pull reall hard on the rubber grommet to get the wire completly off cause if not the grommet will keep the wire touching the other connector and it will still be limited

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here is what I did. First get your service manual. Look on page 22-3 wiring diagrams. Looking at the ECM lead #8 and #25. You will have to carefully cut back the black tape to get enough length. Cut these two wires back a little over an inch back from the connector. Splice and solder these two wires together. I used some heat shrink to protect them. Wrap them all with some good electrical tape. By doing it this way your reverse light still works.:tup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Here is what I did. First get your service manual. Look on page 22-3 wiring diagrams. Looking at the ECM lead #8 and #25. You will have to carefully cut back the black tape to get enough length. Cut these two wires back a little over an inch back from the connector. Splice and solder these two wires together. I used some heat shrink to protect them. Wrap them all with some good electrical tape. By doing it this way your reverse light still works.:tup:
Very nice and welcome

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Duravette, You should make a new post in the "How To Section" with your diagram. Nice work

·
Registered
574 Posts
Thanks, I was going to ask if anyone could post up a better pic of the wiring diagram. It looked like I could do what you posted but the crappy pdf I have is a little vague to go sniping wires.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well I spliced the wires together and had a brain fart and thought I needed to unplug the wire by the shifter too. Now that I realize that I didnt have to take it off, I put it back on and dont have a reverse light. That doesnt bother me but I want to check the limiter part before we take off Friday. My problem is all the rain we're getting. Will check it tomorrow. Does anyone think I've messed anything up? It fires up and revs out. All the idiot lights work including the one in my head now!

·
Registered
31 Posts
bduncan1231

By unplugging the wire by the shifter, the reverse light lost its ground. Make sure its hooked up good. That should fix it. If you are still having problems you can pm me. I'll be glade to help you. Just remember when you hit the throttle for the first time to have plenty of room behind you.:hey:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts