Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Tonight while playing around with the XX on the lift I added 2" wheel spacers front & back. Then I noticed that I could flip the rear & front wheels over to widen it even more. So I took my left wheels & tires & put them on the right side, did the same with the right wheels & tire & put them on the left side. It's now insanely wide but I don't know if I can ride it like that. There's absolutely no issue for the valve clearance. I remember doing this process before on my 400ex front wheels, you basically just had to put your valve on the inside of the rim & flip them from left to right, old school !!!!!! Anyone else did this with there XX with the stock rims might I add. I'm interested to see your responses !!!!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I haven't heard of anybody doing this, how wide are you. At least on the xx.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi,

Tonight while playing around with the XX on the lift I added 2" wheel spacers front & back. Then I noticed that I could flip the rear & front wheels over to widen it even more. So I took my left wheels & tires & put them on the right side, did the same with the right wheels & tire & put them on the left side. It's now insanely wide but I don't know if I can ride it like that. There's absolutely no issue for the valve clearance. I remember doing this process before on my 400ex front wheels, you basically just had to put your valve on the inside of the rim & flip them from left to right, old school !!!!!! Anyone else did this with there XX with the stock rims might I add. I'm interested to see your responses !!!!!

Thanks.
good chance you'll bend your steering rods at the first impact if you turn your fronts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know how wide it sits right now because it's still on the lift right now. I'll measure it when off the lift & post a picture. I won't ride it like that for sure because it's way to wide, I'm thinking it will be close to 60 inchs on the ground !!!! I just wanted to know if anybody else had tried this !!!!

Regards.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I measured it & it sits 56 inches wide standing on the ground, that's pretty sick !!!! Here is a couple of pictures.
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tread

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I flipped my rears and ran them like that for a while. The extra width helps but it's a little hard on the stock rims. Just buy some Itp t-9 rims in 10in and do it right if you still need more width.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I reversed them back & with the 2" wheel spacers it gives me 49" total so that's fine with me. Like I said I was just playing around.

Regards, Joey.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I reversed them back & with the 2" wheel spacers it gives me 49" total so that's fine with me. Like I said I was just playing around.

Regards, Joey.
Don't ever flip the fronts even without spacers. You gunna be in a world of pain. I still have a wound from running 2:3 front rims. This maybe the cheaper option but spacers on the front , will hurt. You'll not gain anything running them.Even with top of the line front shocks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts