Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed when I rev the engine about a quarter to half the time it will bog down and backfire. It almost wants to die and occasionally it will die. I can't think of why it would do that and it has done it since I bought it in October. Any suggestions would be helpful.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Because it is intermittent it could be a real PITA to diagnose. I would take it back for warranty repairs.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Assuming your still stock, I would lean towards the lean settings on the EFI especially a California machine. Mine would pop and stall alot until I put a EFI controller on it. I'm sure somebody else here may have some other insight or thoughts on this as well. Start off by pulling your spark plug and post a good clear close up pic here.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Assuming your still stock, I would lean towards the lean settings on the EFI especially a California machine. Mine would pop and stall alot until I put a EFI controller on it. I'm sure somebody else here may have some other insight or thoughts on this as well. Start off by pulling your spark plug and post a good clear close up pic here.
I would agree. I know that quads sold in California are set way lean to meet emissions standards. Keep a close watch on your spark plug. You will find many places on the web that show what a lean plug looks like as well as rich and normal. Even without the big 3 mods, a good EFI controller is a good idea if just to correct the lean condition.

roadkill

·
Registered
425 Posts
Have them check the Fuel shut-off valve.....

a few of them are coming from the dealer with them installed wrong.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the help i guess i will take it to the dealer Saturday i did buy the 3 year extended warranty. and the only mod i have done is the 13t sprocket and so i am 100% sure that is not the cause =). If i do buy and install a pcIII would it void my warranty?

·
Registered
425 Posts
my dealer installed mine for free...after they found the fuel shut-off valve installed backwards from the factory. Did not void the warranty for me.

·
Registered
375 Posts
check your battery terminals also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts